Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

A Day in the Park @ SFGAm (8/13/03)

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby InsaneNewman on August 13th, 2003, 11:37 pm
Today was a fantastic day to be at GAm... we started off the day a little late, owing to the traffic on the drive up, and finally arrived around 10:15am. By this point, our goal of hitting S:UF first was dashed as the wait was approaching the Columbia Carousel, so instead we decided to checkout DejaVu... a big win there. We got in the line outside the que (which wasn't open yet) at 10:35, and the ride opened promptly at 11. Second train of the day! And my first ride! only two words can describe it... F***ing 'A'!Next we moved on to a quick ride on the Demon, followed American Eagle (Backwards Blue)... no more than 30min waits on each. Lunch at the Crazy Buffalo Saloon in SWT (Best food in the park), then on to the Orbit (say what you will about flats, but I love them). Next up: Batman, with about a 30min wait time. I was amazed at how crowded the park seemed.Moving right along, we got onto Iron Wolf, with a very speedy 15-20min wait, followed by Viper. This one was a bit longer, about 40 min wait. And I still hate that station design! It's like a big crowd of people, not seperate lines. I had a fiasco trying to get onto the same train as other members of my group because I had happened to pick the very seat that was closed on one of the two trains.This was followed by quick rides on Fiddler's Fling and the Condor, and then back to SWT for a Giant Drop... I still think that 30min is way too long to wait for a 5sec ride. Then back to Yankee Harbor for V2, only a 40min wait, not too shabby, and a great ride with a perfectly clear blue sky overhead. Then back to SWT, for Raging Bull, with a 1hr wait. Still, it was getting dark as we got near to the station, and we got to ride the Bull in darkness , which is awesome.That was only topped by the ride on S:UF in dark... soooooo much better than than the first time I rode it, in the day. We only waited about 40min, as it was nearing closing time. I still can't believe how incredibly idiotic the GP is... there are many, many signs that say you cannot bring anything into the station, and yet one guy had his caricature, and others (MANY others) had Superman sports bottles. The guy who had his caricature, at least, was made to give it to someone he knew in line, but geez, people, learn to read!All in all, a fantastic day of fun in the sun!
InsaneNewman

Postby coastrcorey on August 13th, 2003, 11:48 pm
I'm not going to type a TR because I don't like to lol. But, I thought the day kind of sucked, contrary to what InsaneNewman has to say. I don't know, maybe I just had bad luck today or something. It started off bad, so maybe that's what went wrong. When we got into the park (9:30) we ended up being first in line by the chain like usual. Once they opened, we ran for Raging Bull to get front row, then as we're waiting for them to let us into the queue line, it decides to be stupid and shut down. So, Raging Bull sat there motionless, not testing, for 45 min. Finally, it opened and we got our ride... After that we went to Deja Vu since it opened... Saw Kyle (Holydumb) in the last row and yelled his name (lol Kyle). Got a good ride on that with a nice short wait luckily. Anyway, the rest of the day was just extremely crowded.
coastrcorey

Postby SFGAMan on August 13th, 2003, 11:53 pm
I tell ya I really dont like these two for one tickets. We went from 15 min. waits on RB to 1 HOUR+. It may be good for the park but not for us.
SFGAMan

Return to Trip Reports