Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm 8/4 - Best day at SFGAm this year.

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on August 4th, 2003, 10:36 pm
Got there at 11 and I ran straight to Deja Vu. Wait was 40 minutes with no switchbacks open and no breakdowns. Got in Row 1B for the first time. Ahhhh GREAT RIDE! It was great to be back on after so long! It felt faster and a lot more intense. I screamed the whole ride, which is what I usually don't do on rides, usually I only let out a couple of "woo's"... but anyways, I screamed the whole ride cause I was so happy lol.

I headed over to Viper and waited about 30 minutes for the back. Had a pretty good ride on that. Then I went to Raging Bull and saw that 1 switchback was open and there was 2 train operation. Waited about 30 minutes for the back. It seemed to yank you over the top a lot stronger. Then we met up with Tony and Neal and got some lunch at Firehouse Pizza. Then I decided to go on Demon. Wait was about 5 minutes for car 5 row 2. This time I leaned my head into the corkscrews and didn't get banged around.

Then I used my fastlane on Iron Wolf and got in the back row. Wow, it felt so much faster today, and not as rough as before. Then I used my fastlane on V2 and waited 5 minutes for the second row. Not as much headbanging in the spiral as there was before. After that I ran over to Batman and used my fastlane 2 times on it, both with 10 minute waits for the back.

I decided to wait in the long ass line for Superman. The wait was only about an hour, surprisingly, and almost all of the switchbacks were open. Nice ride in the last row. I won't be riding it everytime I go, though. I definitely like Deja Vu, RB, and BTR a lot more now. I went back over to Deja Vu for 2 more rides to end the day. Both were 1 hour waits for 1A. Great, great ride. This is now my favorite coaster at SFGAm.

We left at 8:30. The park wasn't crowded at all today. As my mom said, "the rain keeps the people away." It didn't rain, but the weathermen said it would. Overall, best day at SFGAm this year mainly because of Deja Vu.
Last edited by DejaVuGurl1203 on January 10th, 2004, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby SFGAMan on August 4th, 2003, 10:40 pm
Most of the weather is for Cook County, so it can be totally different in Gurnee. Im glad about all these waits for Deja Vu. Less than an hour compared to the two and a half hour waits last year.
SFGAMan

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on August 4th, 2003, 10:44 pm
Glad you had fun.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Return to Trip Reports