Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAM - July 27th - ...

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Do I Know You on July 28th, 2003, 1:06 pm
Meant to leave at 1PM or 2PM, left at 4:00PM, got the the park at 4:30. I saw Deja Vu was running so I ran over to that. I got in line for it.After about 10 minutes of waiting, it got stuck on the first tower. Most people left because it didn't start up for about 20 minutes. It was about then when I saw someone with an orange Cedar Point shirt with someone with a dark blue t-shirt (was that you goldmember?)So I waited about an hour and fifteen minutes and finally got in the station. I got in line for the front row. After about two cycles went by, it broke down. It started up again without a test run. The train went past the whatever-roll and the loop, then the valley brakes kicked in. After everyone saw that, most people left the line.One hour later, they tell us all to leave. Total wait time: 2 and a half hours.The really sucked...REALLY sucked. I got in line for Raging Bull. 45 minutes. Saw Deja Vu valley about a million times. Got on the blue train. *yawn*I got some Demon Nachos while figuring out the problem with Vu. They couldn't lower the second catch car or something to that matter. I walked around the park a bit and decided to take a walk-on ride on American Eagle forwards. Back seat of course. That was pretty fun.I was gonna go get on Batman, but then saw Iron Wolf had a very small line. I got in line and went on the back seat of it, hoping not to get beaten up too badly. It was a really fun ride! Everything seemed so much faster and intense.Batman time! The line was only in those giant switchbacks right before the sewer. I took a front row ride. Fireworks started up while I was going up the chainlift. I didn't realize then that they ended there too.Batman is always pretty awesome, especially at night.V2's line didn't exist, so we decided to take a front row ride on that. It was about a 20 minute wait from the end of the front row ride. WOW! V2 at night is just AMAZING! The launch, the spiral, the holding brake, EVERYTHING just seemed so much cooler.We got in line for Batman again since it had no line at all. 2nd row ride. Batman is really fun at night no matter where you sit.We had about ten minute till closing but decided not to ride anything because it takes ten minutes to get from batman to the exit of the park.So even though I didn't get a ride on Deja Vu,, I had a pretty fun ride.
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby coasterguy on July 28th, 2003, 2:12 pm
Yea that was goldmember I and I was the kid with him in the yellow Abercrombie and Finch Shirt.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby goldmember on July 28th, 2003, 2:15 pm
Yea, I was wearing the orange CP shirt. I was really mad when we had to leave. Where were you in the station?
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby Do I Know You on July 28th, 2003, 4:26 pm
I was right behind the people playing Rock Paper Scissors. I was wearing a grey SFGAm shirt with black letters.
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby goldmember on July 28th, 2003, 4:31 pm
Oh, ok.
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby SearchforRB12 on August 1st, 2003, 10:30 am
OMG!OMG!OMG! I was there two switchbacks ahead of you! When I was in line it got stuck on the tower i sa a guy in an orange CP shirt and i asked hm where he got (pretty obvious) and when i got on 1A I vallied. :shock:
face the face of DA RAGING BULLcan ya handle it?NORide it at SFGAm!
SearchforRB12

Return to Trip Reports