Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm June 19&20, 2003

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby SFGA 11 on June 21st, 2003, 1:08 pm
Heres how the first day went. We ( my friend and his dad) arrived at about 1:30 becasue my friends dad got lost on the way (long story). When we got in the aprk my friends dad had a sharp money clip so he had to go put it back in his car becasue it set off the metal detector.We headed to Superman because they haven't ridden it yet. I would say it was about a an hour and a half wait. Great ride it seemed better after I had ridden it opening day. The pretzel loop caught me this time. It was nice to see every one enjoying the ride. 9/10Then we headed to Batman. This ride gets better and better each time I ride this. 9/10Then we went to V2. Had a nice ride on it. Back row. I think it was good becasue I haven't ridden it in a while. 7.5/10Then we headed to AE Red. Back row.Haven't rideen this in a while. It was a nice ride, but I was expecting a little more airtime on the bunny hills. Still a nice ride 7/10The we checked out Deja Vu. Still no train.Then it was off to DEmon. Nice ride. I just love the tunnel. With the lights and every thing. In the corkscrews I put my head forward and there was no head banging. 8/10Then we headed to Viper. Decided to try 1:3. It was good but i still prefer the back row. 8.5/10Then headed to Giant Drop which I haven't ridden in a while. Nice view and little pop of air time. 7/10Then Raging Bull. My best ride ever on it! It was fast and had nice air time. The only downside was that they were only running two trains. 9.5/10Then we rode Triple Play. I love this ride. 7/10Then rode SSA which haven't ridden in a while. And his dad wanted to ride it. It was ok. 6.5/10Then Sky Trek Tower. Nice view. 7/10Then we headed to Superman for a night ride. Its great at night. Only about a 20 minute wait. 9.5/10Side notes: I noticed alot of line jumping two people on V2. One rode it twice because she snuck in side the gate right after she gott of it. Also, one on Batman.Overall great day. The lines weren't bad.Friday: Arrived at 10:15 with my family and cousin. We headed to Superman, but decided to skip it becasue it was a long wait. It was so we went o nRoaring Rapids nice ride. Every thing was runnig except for the big water fall in front of the cave. It will proably run when it gets hotter. 8/10Then went on Batman to dry off. My cousin had his first ride on it because he used to be scared of roller coasters. Nice ride. 9/10Then went on V2 not a long wait. 8/10Then went on Loggers run 7/ 10We then ate lunch at Wascals. Then we went to American Eagle but every one was getting out of line so we just went to play some games. I won a basketball, my brother won a basketball, and my dad won a HUGE stuffed animal.So they went to the car to put it away while my cousin and I went on Demon and Splash water falls. Nice rides. I got soaked on Splash Water Falls. 9/10The went to SWT. I noticed that trail blazr was closed. I was kind of slanted. Viper had a long wait so we skipped it. Went on Giant Drop. Nice ride. 7/10Then Raging Bull another great ride. 9.5/10Then did Chubasco. 6/10Then did Triple Play. 7/10Then saw Cold Fusion. There was nice customer service. We with a bunch of other people were late. And they let us all in through a handicapped exit. I'm not a big fan of shows. Itw as ok. The only good part was the out fits that the girl actors were wearing. lolTHen went on Sky Trek Tower. Then saw Adrenaline Rush at the pictorium. Nice show.Then went o nSuperman. Great ride. 30 minute wait. 9.5/10Then went on Roaring Rapids again. It was a bad idea becuase we got soaked then it was getting cold.The rode Batman and Iron Wolf. We got tired after that so we left.It was a great two days.
Last edited by SFGA 11 on June 21st, 2003, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGA 11

Postby SFGA 11 on June 21st, 2003, 2:29 pm
I forgot to mention I saw a guy wearing a shirt from themeparkreveiew.com that said "wheres Robb Alvey? "
SFGA 11

Postby SFGA 11 on June 21st, 2003, 5:33 pm
Rides that were closed= Hometown Fun Machine, Trailblazer, Ice Mountain Splash, and of course Deja Vu. Does any one htink Ice mountain Splash will open at all this year?
SFGA 11

Postby coastrcorey on June 22nd, 2003, 12:01 am
Fun time it sounds like... I don't know about Ice Mountain Splash... I'm assuming it will open maybe in July when it gets hotter.P.S. You don't need to keep adding posts... Just edit your original post. ;)
coastrcorey

Return to Trip Reports