Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm Friday, June 13th...Will it be an Unlucky Day?

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby chiatrain on June 13th, 2003, 9:55 pm
I'm gonna start this TR right away:Our group(four of us) got to SFGAm at about 9am, getting ready for our Friday the 13th visit. Parking lot opens at about 9:15 and we're off into the park at around 9:30 am.The following is the list of rides ridden throughout the day:S:UF x 1Instead of heading off to Viper, we headed to S:UF. There was only one ride-op at the entrance before opening, but she did a good job of keeping away line-jumpers.

After only a few minutes delay, Superman opens and we take an early flight in Row 6.V2 x 2After our S:UF, Vertical Velocity was up next. There were no lines, and we headed in the last and second to last rows for our ride. It was a great ride, but I probably would not have ridden it if there was a line. Since there was no long line after our first ride, we went back in line for a 2nd ride, this time near the front of the train.Batman x 7We didn't head to Batman after Vertical Velocity. But, after lunch, we got in two rides with little wait on Batman. Then, at around 6:45 pm, my friend and I got in 5 rides on Batman with, again, little wait.Iron Wolf x 0We skipped Iron Wolf on our way to American Eagle (sign said it would open at 11am).

Later on during the day, Iron Wolf was temporarily closed, with a train full of riders stuck on the lift hill.American Eagle: Blue x 4Skipping Iron Wolf, we got in two rides(with a re-ride) on Eagle: Blue before noon and two rides(with a re-ride) after noon when both sides of Eagle were racing.American Eagle: Red x 4We got in a few rides on Eagle: Red(with a few re-rides thrown into the mix). The trains were racing on all of our rides, and Eagle: Red came back to the station first all four times.Viper x 2I didn't get the first ride of the day as I hoped, but Viper gave a great ride as usual.Demon x 2How can we pass up Demon when the lines are short? You can't. The Demon didn't 'get us' on this Friday the 13th.Raging Bull x 1We got in a ride on Raging Bull in Back Row. Nothing to add except that it was a great ride as usual.

Roaring Rapids x 8During the afternoon, Roaring Rapids was operating with half-empty and empty boats. So, we took advantage(or disadvantage) and got in plenty of rides on Roaring Rapids. After my 'Eight is Enough' on Roaring Rapids, my friend and I go to dry-off on a mini Batman marathon while the ladies continue their Roaring Rapids adventure.Flat RidesCondor, Scenic Railway, Sky Trek Tower, Triple PlaySide Notes: It was Friday the 13th, but the day turned out to be great. There were some ride-op incidents on American Eagle: Red and Roaring Rapids, but, it was another great visit to SFGAm. I was expecting huge crowds, but was surprised that the park dispersed mid-afternoon. Superman did still have a line coming out of the queue-house entrance when we left at 8pm.
Last edited by chiatrain on May 26th, 2005, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiatrain

Postby SFGA 11 on June 13th, 2003, 10:00 pm
Nice Tr. Sounds like you had another great visit to the park.
SFGA 11

Postby SfGaMownz on June 13th, 2003, 10:34 pm
I was there to as you know :wink: . I had on a navy blue Abercrombie shirt, and was at Demon most of the day, 28 rides total for the day, maybe you saw me 8) . Since you beat me to the TR I won't bother, but S:UF closed for a long period of time, sometime after 12, and didn't reopen until 5 30 :shock: . which is when I rode.
SfGaMownz

Postby chiatrain on June 14th, 2003, 7:50 am
We spent most of our late-afternoon in Yankee Harbor for Batman and Roaring Rapids and in County Fair for American Eagle. As a side note, the Amazing Alfreda lady who always happens to be there when I go had to have given away about 10 prizes in a row. She's the one who says 'skilled, skill-less...who IS gonna be next..who is GONNA be next..WHO is gonna be next.' We didn't get the chance to go back to Demon in the afternoon, but it's possible we may have passed by somewhere.As a side-note, with the incidents that have been occuring at parks across the country, it would be nice to see riders follow the rules during ride operation. At SFGAm yesterday, I saw a group of riders on Roaring Rapids unbuckling their seatbelts and walking/jumping on the raft. Now, I have a problem staying in my seat with the seat belt, but it's fortunate that nobody got hurt/injured. Riders were playing with yo-yo's on Whirligig, swinging into each other before/during/after the ride as well.
chiatrain

Return to Trip Reports