Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm Sunday, June 8th 2003 - Little rain but great day.

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby CoasterDave316 on June 11th, 2003, 7:26 pm
Six Flags Great AmericaSunday, June 8th 2003The weather people had been predicting rain all week and my cousin's who were going with me because of the rain...even though I warned them rain forecast usually ends up with a fairly empty park.So it was just me and my brother again, we didn't mind since theres nobody to hold us up that means.Got to the park about 9:30, they had already started to let people in the gates. First visit in 3 weeks which is a long time for me, im used to being there at least once a week. Last time we were there we hated our ride on Superman in the morning so we decided to do something else first...we choose Viper. Did the running of the Bull's just for the hell of it and was in front of everyone when we went to Viper. The people behind us running for Raging Bull had to be happy we went to Viper lol.The first ride of Viper in the morning doesn't have the slow crawl over the top of the lift hill during the first ride in the morning. Which gives you alot better first drop then usual.After having a great ride on Viper we headed to Raging Bull to find a very short line at the top of the stairs. Rode it 2 times and had two awesome rides.We went to Giant Drop after that and it was walk on as usual in the morning. I love the drop on this ride but its not as exciting as it was when it first open...might have to take a break from it like I did with V2.Went to Eagle Blue and got on right away, since there was nobody in the station. A very good ride, with some great airtime almost every hill which surprised me, trims were on very light and it ran very smooth unlike one of my rides a few weeks ago.After Eagle, we headed towards Giant Drop, it was either 10:30 or 11 so it was just about to open and a short line had formed at the entrance for it. Since everything was walk on though, we decided to come back later. We went to V2 instead.This is my first ride on V2, I got really bored with it last year so I didn't feel like waiting for it at all this year. But since the line was about a 2 train wait, I figured I might as well get my first ride on it of the year. Thank god I took a long break from this ride, it totally refreshed the ride for me, very fun and felt very very fast.After V2 we went to Batman but saw a line for it and skipped it...then we went and rode East River Crawler. Went to check out the line for Superman and found that it didn't open yet and it was around 11:30. (Thank god we didn't go to that in the morning!).Went to Whizzer and had a nice ride on that, was looking for somebody I know but he must have been on break when I was there. Then we decided to go to lunch.Went to Mcdonalds and while we were there I looked out the window and saw it raining, then when we walked outside it stopped almost instantly. Weird.Got back in the park around 12:30ish probably. Superman was running when we returned, so we decided to head the opposite way. Walked past Whizzer to find it still closed because of the rain, talked to the op I knew for awhile then headed to Viper.After this we went around the park again about 5 times or so, it had a downpour midday and all the rides were closed for about an hour. Got to meet Chitown while I was there too. Got 2 rides on Superman late in the day, with a 20 minute wait for the first ride around 5 and a 10 minute wait for the ride right before closing (the line was on the stairs).And thats my trip report from almost a week ago :). I finally got to write it lol.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby chiatrain on June 11th, 2003, 8:04 pm
Nice TR, CoasterDude. I may take that advice of trying Viper first thing in the morning this Friday. I hear you on taking breaks from some of the rides. I took a break from Giant Drop for awhile, and it did refresh me when I put it back into my rotation. Nice to see that you had fun despite the rain.
chiatrain

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on June 11th, 2003, 10:23 pm
Good TR. Glad that you had a good day. Does that McDonalds have good food. Most of the ones Ive been to have horrible food.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on June 12th, 2003, 8:54 am
Good TR. Sounds like you had a nice time.SFGAmfreak4life - Well, this is just my opinion, but their food is great. I don't think any of the McDonalds I've been to are bad at all. It's basically my favorite fast food resturaunt.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby SFGA 11 on June 12th, 2003, 1:02 pm
Yeah, the food is ok. But, the service is horrible. They always mess up the order or it takes htem a very long time. LOL. :wink:
SFGA 11

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on June 12th, 2003, 1:13 pm
Yeah, one time when I was at a McDonalds in Orland a few weeks ago, we came in and this guy was yelling at the manager because he didn't get what he ordered. He was swearing and he was REALLY angry. My dad yelled at him a few times telling him to relax and stop swearing since there were kids around... that guy had a pretty bad attitude too.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby CoasterDave316 on June 12th, 2003, 2:17 pm
I don't mind McDonalds I eat there all the time. Sure they get your order wrong every once in awhile, but if you bring it back up to them they will fix it.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on June 12th, 2003, 6:23 pm
Okay. Thanks.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby Bman231 on June 12th, 2003, 8:04 pm
The "taking a break" enhancement is the silver lining in the Deja Vu situation.Personally, I've been "taking a break" from the park. Haven't been there yet this this year!
Bman231

Return to Trip Reports