Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Memorial Day 5/26

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Aero737 on May 26th, 2003, 9:38 pm
Well we set out early to get breakfast and hit the highway (tons of cops). We got to the park before the gates opened and were stuck in traffic all the way out to Grand Ave. and in addition the lane I was in, somebody broke down and I couldnt get over. By the time I got to change lanes the traffic for parking was to the stoplight on Grand Ave. (I didnt make it too far..lol) We got in the park and got prime parking and used our season passes for the first time. We ran to S:UFAt ten the ride opened and we went through all the pointless rat mazes. We went for the back row and pulled some change experiments. We each put 2 pennies into our pockets to see if they all got sucked out. All 3 of us lost all our pennies on the left side. They have all the canopies on the rides except Raging Bull and DeJaVuWe left S:UF to go to V2. Line was barely out the station and we went for the back. I tried the penny experiment on the back spike. Unfourtnitally strong crosswinds blew the penny out of the train and onto the nearby building. :DWe headed over to American Eagle and stopped at Iron Wolf for a quick ride. It seems to be running so quick and I didnt get too much head banging. I started asking all the Ride Ops where Shockwave was going to end up...I got mixed answers. Most people said it was going to be repainted and sent to Texas but some said New Orleans and some said Kentucky. No comment...AE was the same it always is. Blue Side we got into the station with no line. Trims were on heavy....kinda boringDemon was next on our list. Once again the line was just in the station. This is one smooth ride. Back row you get so much airtime on the first drop. The rest is predictible. At least I didnt get hit in the eye with a glob of water this time. :roll:By now the Park was really filling up. We went to Viper for one last ride before getting lunch. Ride seemed slow and my lapbar was down only one click. There was some problems when one girl was suffering from heat stroke in the station and the ride wasnt dispatched for a good 5 min. I'm not quite as impressed with this ride as I was early in the season.We got lunch at Wendys.We got back to the park and found no parking anywhere near the park. We took the time looking for parking staring at a Green Riced up Neon Sport. :shock:Back in the park we rode Skytreck Tower (A first for me) and also Space Shuttle America (a first and a last---biggest waste of time ever).We went to whizzer for my first ride of the season. I like hitting my hand on the ground/trees.Raging bull was the same as always. Line was getting long now. It took us 25 min to get through. Batman was after that. Took over an hour for first row-worth it.We decided to ride S:UF for a last time and in the Front row. LONG wait. It took about 2 hours for it and along the way people were intent on shaking the canopies. I saw more people get busted today than I ever had. They also started using boarding passes which got more people in trouble.All in all it was a good day (best so far). I got to ride some rides for the first time. Crowds were pretty bad late and we ended up leaving at 630. I cant wait to go again!
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby coastrcorey on May 27th, 2003, 3:57 pm
Wow, you left at 6:30? I would stay till closing no matter what... But that's just me. :D But, sounds like you had a pretty cool day. :)
coastrcorey

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 27th, 2003, 5:01 pm
Im glad you had fun. I also would have stayed until closing.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby Aero737 on May 28th, 2003, 7:26 am
well I had been up to 1:30 the night before and I had worked long shifts all weekend so I was pretty tired. I had finals to do and I wanted to get home before 9. I would of loved to stay to closing but then I would get home at 1030-1100.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 30th, 2003, 3:46 pm
Okay. Then its good that you left early.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Return to Trip Reports