Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Big Chief Carts & Coasters

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby coastrcorey on May 26th, 2003, 2:11 pm
Went to the Dells this weekend with my family and our friends. It was awesome.Anyway, the first day we planned to go to Big Chief (http://www.bigchiefcarts.com), so we got an all-day pass for $35. It was a really good deal, especially since we rode TONS of stuff. Their three wooden coasters are sooo great! I love them! And not to mention NO LINES at all. Lol, they don't even really have a queue line for there coasters. And then, every time you ride a coaster, they give you TWO rounds (after you come back in the station from riding, they don't stop it... they just send you out again!).- Pegasus was awesome. It's their smallest (not including the kiddie) wooden coaster. It's got some pretty sweet airtime also.- Cyclops rocked. This is such an amazing ride. It has incredible airtime (in fact it felt like I was gonna fly outta' my seat lol)! Cyclops is so twisty-turny. Great ride.- Zeus... Ahhh, what a great ride. It's the highest of the three. It's an out-n-back/terrain coaster. It's awesome flyin' through the woods on that ride. It also provides some great airtime.- Triton, the new water coaster, isn't built yet. The land for it is flattened, and there are some footers poured, but there was no track in sight.- Then, of course all the go-carts rocked... (17 tracks)The next day, we went to this park called "Extreme World" (http://www.extremeworld.com), it's right across from Big Chief. Me and my buddy Carl decided to ride the Skycoaster... It was sooooo amazing!!! Flying through the sky like that was incredible! I've gotta' say though, I was practically scared out of my pants! That thing goes high! And pulling the rip-cord at the top was really hard to do lol. We would have rode the Ejection Seat, but Carl didn't want to... Besides, the Skycoaster was a little more graceful, not quite as rough.So, our trip to the Dells ended up being a blast! If you've never been there I recommend going. They've got so much to do there (including Noah's Ark, the awesome waterpark). **Hey, that rhymed lol.
coastrcorey

Postby SFGA 11 on May 26th, 2003, 2:20 pm
Sounds like you had a good time!Big Chiefs has some of my favorite woodies. I especially like Zeus. It has great air time and it has a good atmosphere with all the trees.
SFGA 11

Postby ericleister on May 26th, 2003, 2:31 pm
I went there 2 years ago. Ya there were no lines when i was there eather. I would love to own it or own one of the coasters 8)
Six flags freak
ericleister

Postby SfGaMownz on May 26th, 2003, 2:58 pm
I've been to Wis. Dells 10 times and have never gone to Big Chief :oops: .
SfGaMownz

Postby coasterguy on May 26th, 2003, 4:07 pm
I have a lake house abofut 30 min north of the dells so I have been there millions of times. Zeus and Cyclops are AWESOME!!!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby joker on May 26th, 2003, 5:25 pm
How tall do you have to be to go on the coasters there?
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby coastrcorey on May 26th, 2003, 7:26 pm
40" for Pegasus, and 48" for Cyclops and Zeus... Even my tiny sister was able to ride all of them. Surprisingly she did ride them (even though she cried while waiting for Pegasus and Cyclops...). After that though she said, "I wanna go again! I wanna go again!". She completely fell in love with Zeus too. Guess coasters run in the family lol. :D
coastrcorey

Postby T_Biggs on May 26th, 2003, 9:29 pm
Pegusus must have changed, or something, I only found laterals on it. Oh and branches near my face :lol: I e-mailed the park a while ago, and they said the new coaster will be open in June. It's the Dells, they can do what they want.If you want a good ride with a steep price (like a skycoaster), head down the street to the sky scraper (sp?) It's one relaxing high speed ride, with a steep price like everything in the Dells.
T_Biggs

Postby coastrcorey on May 27th, 2003, 3:59 pm
Ooohh! Travis, I stared at the Skyscraper the WHOLE time we were there! I wanted to ride it sooo badly! We couldn't though because we ran out of time... That thing goes so high! It's a beast... lol. Do you remember how much it costed?
coastrcorey

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 27th, 2003, 4:52 pm
I went to Big Cheifs before. I loved it! Noahs Ark is the best place out there. I love all of their slides. I think my favorite is the Dark Voyage. If anyone is planning on going to Family Land dont go. The water slides there are quite boring.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coastrcorey on May 27th, 2003, 5:56 pm
Famliy Land is OK... Last year we stayed at Treasure Island Resort (Family Land), and we got free passes to Family Land and Bay of Dreams (a HUGE indoor waterpark).
coastrcorey

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 27th, 2003, 6:14 pm
Bay of Dreams is pretty cool but it isnt much.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby T_Biggs on May 27th, 2003, 6:47 pm
I think it was 20 bucks. If you ride rides the way I do, though, you won't be blown away by it. Well, the wind is nice at the top, but still won't be blown away. It was in no way intense, but it was cool seeing the ground fly up and down at you at high speeds. I still didn't feel much, but it's worth the 20 just to sit in a tiny seat 150 feet high up on top of a hill for a few minutes. It's so peacefull you'll never want to come down. The only real drawback to it (and similar rides like skycoasters and ejection seats) is the long load time where you have to trust the kid running the ride knows what he or she is doing.
T_Biggs

Postby coastrcorey on May 27th, 2003, 8:27 pm
Yeah, I'm definitely going to ride it this summer when we go back to the dells... It looks pretty cool. There are so many other things to do there too.
coastrcorey

Return to Trip Reports