Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm 5/17/03 Coaster Buzz Con

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby SFGAm Shock Wave on May 17th, 2003, 11:42 am
Today wasn't the greatest day. Thursday, I got some really bad flu, so my mom would only let me stay for the ERT. They were having some problems right before they let us in because I could hear the reboot siren. They fixed it pretty quickly and it opened right on time.It was fun to look at all the GP who had to wait until 10.I ended up getting 8 rides on Superman today. Superman almost had a perfect morning but broke down at 9:56. It took 30 minutes for them to fix it. I'm just glad I wasn't stuck on the brake run. Once they had it fixed, I went on it one more time in the back row. When I got off, I saw the mechanics unloading musical rocks.Due to the breakdown, the group photo got messed up.The ride ops were really good during ERT, hardly any stacking. Superman's entrance is finished. I only had to take one 10 minute break, which is pretty good considering just playing RCT made me sick yesterday.They haven't made any progress on Deja Vu.
SFGAm Shock Wave

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 17th, 2003, 12:14 pm
Nice TR. Glad to hear everything went good and that the ride was open lol. If it broke down at 9:56 did they hold the GP at the entrance until it was fixed and did you guys get to stay in line by the station? How did that work out? It would suck for the person who ran to Superman that day, beat everyone there only to find he had to wait for 80 people to get rides in front of him lol.Glad you had fun though, get well soon :)
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterguy on May 17th, 2003, 9:34 pm
TODAY WAS AWESOME!!!!Here is my ride report for May 17, 2003American Eagle (blue)- 1xBataman: The Ride - 0Deja Vu- 0Demon- 0Iron Wolf -2x (2 walk-ons!!)Raging Bull- 7x towards the end fo the day there were 10-20 min lines :DSuperman: Ultiimate Flght- 2xV2- 3x ( 2 walk-ons!!)Viper- 3x ( 2 walk-ons!!)[/u]
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby NoUseForAName on May 18th, 2003, 9:11 am
I arrived there around 12:45 and left at 7:30. I had an ok day there. The lines were very long around 1:00-4:00 and then the lines tapered down.Raging Bull-2Iron Wolf-1 (This ride is getting worse and worse)AE(blue)-1Viper-2Batman-2(My first on Batman that day the line was around 1 1/2 hour)Demon-2
NoUseForAName

Postby coasterguy on May 18th, 2003, 9:45 am
You should of stayed to 9:00 Viper you could stay on and keep going because nobody was in line and RB wasn't even in any of the queue house.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby coastrcorey on May 19th, 2003, 3:44 pm
I'm so jealous... Everyone gets to go to the park... :cry:
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on May 24th, 2003, 11:23 am
Yeah me too, this really hits me hard! I wish I was there... that's okay, you guys don't have to miss Coastermania at CP and live just a little ways away from it. :(
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on May 26th, 2003, 1:39 pm
Oooh... I want to go to Coastermania soooo bad! I'm still trying to convince my dad. It's just that I'd need to sign up over at Coasterbuzz, and I don't know if I'd get my club member card in time before June 6th.
coastrcorey

Return to Trip Reports