Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Superman: Ultimate Flight Review

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 17th, 2003, 6:37 am
When I got in line, I knew the wait would be over an hour. I got more and more excited as I got closer to the station. About an hour and a half later, I was in the station, in line for the front row, listening to the people talking behind me. I heard one ask another if they were scared. That’s when I realized that the whole time I was in line, I didn’t feel any fear at all.When I got on, I sat on the right end. My heart was pumping… the moment had finally come. I adjusted my harness and I was ready to fly. It was about 30 seconds until the floor dropped and the train rotated into the flying position. The rotation felt really cool. We went out of the station slowly and climbed up the lift hill. I was so excited; I had a big smile on my face.When we reached the top, I raised my arms and hands high like I was flying. We flew down the drop and entered the pretzel loop. Through the whole pretzel loop, I thought: “Oh… my… God!” It felt like I was being pushed into my seat! It was so intense and awesome!As we exited the pretzel loop, I was able to breathe again. We flew through the diving turn and the horseshoe. It totally felt like I was flying. We soared through another turn and the spiral. Then came the best inversion on any coaster - the zero G roll. Flying through the zero G roll was awesome. After the zero G roll we came to the brakes and slowed down. The smile I had on my face was huge. We went through the turnaround and stopped on the block brakes for a few seconds.After the other train left the station, we came back into the station. The seats rotated back and the floor rose. The harnesses were unlocked and I exited the station, with the huge smile still on my face. That ride was just totally intense and awesome and I loved the feeling of flying. This ride is now my most favorite roller coaster.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby GamRCFreak on May 17th, 2003, 9:10 pm
If you think the front is great, you HAVE to try the back seat. It is so much more intense than the front. Today I rode S:UF 3 times, all in the back. This brings my total to 5 rides in two visits. I cant wait to go again. The feeling as you fall through the PLoop is just incredible.
you can't believe it - you didn't mean it
but they saw you do it and they know your name
GamRCFreak

Location: Hinsdale, IL in the summer, DeKalb IL in the School Year (Go Huskies!)

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 18th, 2003, 5:40 am
I know, when I went on May 3 I rode it 2 more times at the end of the day, both times in the back. The back is so much better.
DejaVuGurl1203

Return to Trip Reports