Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

May 4th awesome day

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby holydumb26 on May 4th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Ok today I got an even earlyier start I arrived at the park at 8:56 and then the gates opened and they let cars in at like 9:05 I was like the 1st person in the park today. Ok I ran to Superman Like yesterday I was the 4th person in line. I met up with some more Coaster Freaks we were the First people in the last row. First train all day.I love this ride.Then we did Batman, then I split up from them.And went to Iron Wolf then, I went to American Eagle and Did 2 laps on Red. Then I did Blue backward. Very surprising. Then I did Bull it running fine all day.Then I did Viper and then I did Demon Back row not as Bumpy as I remeberd.Then the rest of the day I took lots of Pictures rode Whizzer,Batman and Iron wolf acouple times each.Overall I had a Nice day very fun but going alone Is not as fun as going with a group of people ecspeccially when its cold and you you have shorts on. Someone from Coasterbuzz or SFGAmworld reconized me and shouted out to me and asked me If I was gonna Post a TR with all the pictures And I said Yes.I left the park around 4.I took lots of pictures today too like yesterday take a look http://groups.msn.com/kylecoasterworld/ ... snw?Page=1
holydumb26

Postby joker on May 4th, 2003, 9:20 pm
I like the pictures that you take :)
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby KingWeeMan on May 4th, 2003, 9:22 pm
today i got to great america around 9 and they opened the gates for the cars and then i got dropped off and went to the front gates and waited a while ti'll they let us in and i went straight for Superman. once they opened that me and my friend just walked on so we were actually on the same ride as you. All together today was one of my favorite visits to Great America ever. I got 3 rides on Raging Bull, Batman, Vertical Velocity, and Superman and got 2 rides on American Eagle and Iron Wolf so i was pretty busy. I got 4 walk-ons in a row at the beginning of the day and 5 coasters in the first hour the park was open. I left at around 6:30 so i had a really good day.
KingWeeMan

Postby coastrcorey on May 4th, 2003, 9:39 pm
My day was great also! Here's the day's coaster count:Raging Bull - 3Superman - 2Iron Wolf - 2Batman - 2V2 - 5Deja Vu - 3Demon - 1Viper - 2AE - 2Whizzer - 1That's it!
coastrcorey

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 4th, 2003, 9:41 pm
You got 3 rides on Deja Vu? What the heck, I thought it was closed...
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby coastrcorey on May 4th, 2003, 9:42 pm
Oh yeah... It was running great today! :D
coastrcorey

Postby KingWeeMan on May 4th, 2003, 9:44 pm
coastrcorey, how did you manage to get 3 rides on Deja Vu? It kind of has no train on it or anything so whats with that?
KingWeeMan

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 4th, 2003, 9:44 pm
Haha.. Niiice one corey. I always get fooled easily. :roll:
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby coastrcorey on May 4th, 2003, 9:45 pm
Lol... Sorry everyone... I was just messin'. I didn't even go lol. I know Deja Vu wasn't open, just playin' a joke lol.
coastrcorey

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 4th, 2003, 9:46 pm
I had one of my best days there also. 13 rides on S:UF today only, the operators said we have the record so far for the general public :lol: . 1 on batman, 1 on V2, 1 on iron wolf, 1 on eagle, 2 on demon, 1 on raging bull, 2 on viper, and 1 on whizzer. So i had a great day.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 4th, 2003, 9:48 pm
42 for me lol...im general public. :)
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby holydumb26 on May 4th, 2003, 9:49 pm
My coaster Count for today and yesterday wasSuperman 2, Raging Bull 3, Batman 4, Iron Wolf 7, Ae blue 1 AE red 3,Viper 4, whizzer 1, demon 1, v2 1Deja Vu wasnt running today the train wasnt even on the track there repairing it or something.
holydumb26

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 4th, 2003, 9:51 pm
cd316 that was on media day so you had a great opportunity. I had to wait in line and what not. 42 is great though.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby CoasterDude04 on May 4th, 2003, 10:14 pm
Well no point of starting a new topic I'll just post the interesting stuffI probably wasn't too far behind you guys, since I was like the 30th person in line, it stretched really far back. We figured since we didn't have to wait in line that long that we should go for the front row. And we did. But *RIGHT* before we got on, guess what happens. Yeah that's right, a break down. It was down for about 20 minutes, the restraints wouldn't open. So we waited, they gave a few test runs and we got on. S:UF certainly delivers, front row had a nice view but that was the beginning. I continued on with my day, short lines, longest was wait was for S:UF in the morning which was about 30 minutes (with breakdown)I was supprised by the Eagle. The Blue train had no brakes on at the top of the helix and it flew through it, it was really smooth, which is odd for the Eagle. Then on the red side, since there was no line, we each took our own row, and some ride op wanted to ride with my friend (don't ask me why) so we were going up the hill with the blue side (racing) and we literally, crawled up the hill. The op said that her friend was doing that on purpose just to pull her "string"... Yeah, I had no clue that they could do that, but it took about 2 minutes to get to the top of that hill. And the final brakes before the helix finale were just turned off, it flew through that helix. Other than a pretty good day. So to sum up my tolls...COASTERSS:UF -5 (1 front, 3 back, 1 middle)Raging Bull -2American Eagle - 2 (1 red, 1 blue)Batman - 1Iron Wolf -1Demon - 1Whizzer - 1V2- 1Viper - 2RIDESGiant Drop - 2Trailblazer - 1Ricochet - 1Fiddler's Fling - 1Orbit - 1Tripple Play - 1Space Shuttle America (yeah, I know, we were bored) - 1and the Double Decker - 1A very nice day for crowds, some maintance problems at the beginning with Superman, and Eagle. But supprisingly V2 opened pretty early around 12 and ran fine the whole day. The scariest ride would of had to be the ride home, with the storm. My god...
Last edited by CoasterDude04 on May 4th, 2003, 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 4th, 2003, 10:18 pm
Yes I remember that breakdown. The second train was hanging in the flying postion for 20 minutes. That must have been painfull. My body aches from that ride but it was worth it.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby holydumb26 on May 5th, 2003, 3:25 pm
I was at the ride for that breakdown thats when someone from one of these sites reconized me from Kyles coaster world my site. Those people were lucky they all got speed passes I wanted one.
holydumb26

Postby keg5651 on May 5th, 2003, 3:46 pm
We were going up eagle red and at the top the chain slowed to a crawl...it didnt seem like we'd make it over but it did, and the next ride it was going at normal speed the whole time...
keg5651

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 4:16 pm
I was also in line when S:UF broke down. I was pretty mad but I knew the problem would be fixed shortly.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby stolen_starz on May 5th, 2003, 4:29 pm
Well, today was a very eventful day. One I have to say I've been looking forward to since the day Six Flags closed in 2002! I couldn't of really expected more though. Ok, here's how my day went...7am- Me, Callie, Steph (Cleats), Krystal, and Jenna all leave for Six Flags. It "should" take about 2 hours to get there but the way Callie drives, it only took about an hour and 10 minutes. haha We took the Skyway too and that saves time from where we're coming from. We got in Gurnee about 8:20 or so and decided to go to IHOP for breakfast. We left IHOP at about 9:15 and headed over to Six Flags.9:30am- We get to the main gates and wait and wait......waiting some more until they let us into the main carousel plaza. When we get in, we waited over by the entrance in Hometown Square. To be honest, I kinda felt bad for the lady. She was so small and at 10 when the gates opened, I swear she got trampled!10am- The park opens! We went to the Demon 1st because Krystal had never been on a coaster and we thought the Demon would be a good 1st one. It was! She loved it! She was a soldier all day!! She literally said Ok to whatever we wanted to go on which was awesome. I wasn't like that my first time. I was really skeptical about lots of rides when I first rode roller coasters. haha Then we went over to Southwestern Territory and hit Giant Drop, Viper, and Raging Bull. We figured out that if you run to the good rides first there aren't lines and then go on the ones that don't crowd last. You normally don't have to buy a speed pass if you do this! You'll get on everything at LEAST once!! We did it in July last year too and it still works then!!11am- We had already been on 4 rides so we headed over to Iron Wolf. This ride seems a LOT bumpier than I remember it being last year. I don't know why but it just was. My head seriously hurt a LOT after getting off this ride. I don't think I'll be takin too many more rides on this one. I was too worried about not hitting my head that I really couldn't enjoy anything except the view of the disassembled :( Shockwave :( in the parking lot from the top of the lift-hill. After Iron Wolf we went over to v2 where we couldn't manage to get Krystal or Cleats on that one. Me, Jenna, and Callie went on it though. It was Callie's first ride on it and she loved it! Then we went over to Batman where the lines were starting to get a "little" longer but not bad at all. We only waited about 15 minutes. We had almost been on everything in the park so we weren't really in a hurry.Noon- had already been on almost everything so we figured we'd take a ride on the Whizzer. I had actually never been on the Whizzer before now. It actually isn't as bad as people say it is (like bumpy). I didn't think it was. Maybe I just imagined it would be worse. After this we kinda walked around and found somewhere to eat.1pm- We saw the line for Superman was pouring out of the queue house but we had already been on everything we wanted to go on (none of them wanted to ride the Eagle :o ) so we just got in line. It was only about an hour and a half wait which wasn't bad at all. I thought it would be over 2. I have to say, no matter what any reporter says, Superman is an AWESOME ride! I loved it!! At first, I was nervous going up the lift-hill because the restraints seriously do feel like you're going to fall out. But I guess you just have to get used to them. We DID get stoppped on it for like 10 minutes because some freakshow in the car in front of us lost a shoe!! haha :?2:45pm- We didn't know quite what to do and we were walking through Hometown Square when we ran into 8 sailors. Woo hoo! We asked to get a pic with them and they asked what ride we were gonna go on next and we said we'd already been so they asked us to reccomend a good one and of course we said....dun da dun.....SUPERMAN! haha The line was REALLY long so we went over to Raging Bull. They actually ended up hanging out with us for the rest of the day! If any of you saw 5 girls walking around with 8 sailors all day, that woulda been us! haha We went on Viper, Raging Bull, v2, the Demon, the Giant Drop, and Batman with them. It was pretty awesome. We actually all went on v2 another 2 times for a total of 3 that day! I sat in the very back row with one of the sailors. I think his last name was Stempf. (There were 8 of them and they all called eachother by their last names and I got them confused! :? I'm blonde! What can I say!!) I was happy though because Idias (one of the sailors) got Cleats to go on v2 and since she did, Krystal didn't want to be the only one to chicken out so she did too!! haha Peer Pressure is great sometimes, but BAD others! lol Krystal didn't like it but Cleats did!6:30pm- The sailors had to leave :( but we went back to get one more ride on Raging Bull and Superman. We only waited 15 minutes for S:UF this time. It was awesome. All of us were sooo tired though and it started to rain so we headed home. All in all, it was a darn good day at good ol' GAm!!(I'll try to scan the pic of me and 2 sailors on Raging Bull, it's pretty funny and I'll put a link to it on here off my friend's site when I get it scanned but our scanner doesn't work with Windows XP so I'll have to find a friend that can scan it for me)Total ride count for May 4, 2003S:UF- 2Deja Vu- 0 :(v2- 3Raging Bull- 3Viper- 2Giant Drop- 2Whizzer- 1Eagle- 0 :(Demon- 2Pretty good if I do say so myself!! =P
Last edited by stolen_starz on May 11th, 2003, 1:12 am, edited 7 times in total.
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Postby stolen_starz on May 5th, 2003, 4:31 pm
oh wow, u guys were talking about the train hanging in the flying position of Superman, we were stuck too! only for like maybe 10 minutes, we came back in the station and the other car hadn't left and we were waiting to enter back in the station for like 10 minutes. we never figured out what the holdup was though. somebody said someone lost a shoe or something but i don't think that was it. haha it wasn't that bad. my head kinda felt weird after they tilted us back up though. haha all in all, those seats are more comfortable than i thought they would be!!
stolen_starz

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 4:43 pm
stolen_starz I saw you guys. It was only for a couple of seconds though. Anyway S:UF is comfortable. After a few rides on it you can feel the pain in your shins and ankles from the leg holder thingy. My shins and ankles are killing me. I bet cd316 feels even worse after 42 rides on it.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby stolen_starz on May 5th, 2003, 4:45 pm
haha, i only went on it 2 times so it didn't really bother me. i did it as tight as i could the 1st time and the 2nd time a little looser. it's better tigher because u don't move. after the 1st time when we got stuck for a few.. my ankles hurt a lil but not bad. i think i figurd out what the hold up was. the car in front of us had some handicapped ppl on it, maybe it took longer for them to get them out.?? that's my suggestion. haha i don't know WHY there were handicapped ppl on a rollercoaster but whatever.. haha
stolen_starz

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 4:59 pm
I heard that that the first train came back and that they couldnt get the harness up. But yea 17 times on that ride kills your ankles and shins. Its still worth the beating though.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coasterguy on May 5th, 2003, 5:14 pm
I don't know how you hurt your ankles and shins?!?!?!?!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 5:16 pm
When I rode the rides all those times my shins and ankles kept bouncing all over the ankle harness.
SFGAmfreak4life

Next

Return to Trip Reports