Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Opening Day

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 3rd, 2003, 11:27 pm
Didn't leave until about 10:15 and got there at 11:30. It was odd to be back.

Superman: Ultimate Flight(1x) - Headed straight to SUF and waited in line for about an hour and a half. I went in the front row on the right end. I liked it when the train rotated into the flying position. The pretzel loop was AMAZING! Very intense. I felt like I was being pushed into my seat. Overall the ride was great. I don't know if RB is still number one on my list now that I've ridden SUF.

I didn't know whether to head to Raging Bull or Batman: The Ride next. I was about to choose RB when my dad said it was broken down and he heard it might not open back up today but they didn't know for sure. So I was really upset. We went over to Batman and I waited in line as my dad went to get a fast lane pass. Millions of people were cutting in line in front of me and I didn't feel like waiting so I just got out of line. My dad came back without the fast lane pass because he realized he didn't have one of his bags with him. So he went back over to SUF where he was taking pictures and stuff and found it there. Then we went to get the fast lane pass and someone said they saw a girl pass out on Raging Bull.

Viper(1x) - As I was heading into Southwest Territory I think I saw holydumb26. Anyways, I waited in line for Viper for about 15 minutes. I went into the back and the lap bar wouldn't go all the way down so it was like 5 inches from my lap. I really felt the airtime and it was totally awesome.

Giant Drop(1x) - I used my FastLane so I didn't have to wait. As usual I was scared. It's a bit strange how I'm always scared to ride Giant Drop. It's a very fun ride though.

Demon(1x) - The wait was about 10-15 minutes. I went in the front and in that little tunnel before the corkscrews a huge drop of water splashed on my face lol. I was expecting it too because I always get a little wet from that waterfall.

American Eagle(1x) - The wait was about 15 minutes and of course I went on the blue train front row. The helix seemed a lot smoother. And at the top of the helix I saw that Raging Bull was open so I raced over to it afterwards.

Raging Bull(1x) - I used my FastLane and went in the back row. Wow.. I'm glad I rode it today! I still love RB a lot and I missed riding it over the offseason. It's just an amazing coaster.

Iron Wolf(1x) - I didn't feel like waiting in line so I used my FastLane and had to wait a minute for the last car. I missed Iron Wolf too.. yeah it's a bit rough but it's still amazing!

Batman: The Ride(1x) - I used my FastLane and waited maybe about 10-15 mins for the front row. I missed this ride almost as much as Bull. My feet were really hurting during the ride because if I ride it like near the end of the day which is usually when my feet are hurting from standing and walking so much, my feet just feel all weird during the ride.

V2(1x) - V2 had just opened after I got off Batman so I ran over to it. The wait was about 10 minutes or less. I went in the very back and met coastrcorey while I was waiting in line. The back isn't as great as I thought it would be, but it was pretty awesome. I still prefer the front though.

Superman: Ultimate Flight(2x) - When I got in line I noticed that it looked shorter than before. The wait was about an hour and I went in the back this time since I heard that the back is the best. And you know.. I have to agree, it IS the best! The g's are amazing, especially in the pretzel loop! During the pretzel loop it felt like I was being pushed into my seat more than before. I got on a second time after I bought some stuff from the Heros store. The line was once again much shorter. It was about a half hour wait. At one point when I was kinda close to the station they said the park was closed. I went in the back again and it was dark when I got on. Once again, completely amazing! I probably like SUF just a tad bit more than RB.

Great day. Weather was nice, even though it was chilly but I ignored that most of the time because I was too busy having fun. A lot of people were calling me Superwoman/Supergirl today because of my shirt lol. It was kinda cool. A great way to start the season...
Last edited by DejaVuGurl1203 on December 4th, 2003, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby goldmember on May 4th, 2003, 9:36 am
The reason that raging bull was closed was that the girl that passed out actually died. My mom said that she saw something on the news this morning that an 11 year old girl had candy or gum in her mouth and choked on it during the ride. By the time the ride was over she was unconsious. Its sad and its bad for the amusement park industry.
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby joker on May 4th, 2003, 10:39 am
Well they do warn people on the signs or something that you souldnt eat on the ride. Which you cant anyways...
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby 3Sfgam on May 4th, 2003, 11:27 am
they told me V2 would not open today when we went by during its testing. i thought it was kind of crowded all but i still rode superman 4 times and it gets better and better everytime. is that why raging bulls whole area is closed off because when i was in line for supoerman the other people we were with came back and said that whole area of the park was closed.
3Sfgam

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 4th, 2003, 3:44 pm
I forgot to mention that I didn't wear a jacket all day. I just had a Superman t-shirt on and jeans. I was cold especially on the roller coasters but most of the time it wasn't noticable because I was too busy having fun. And Raging Bull seemed faster than before even though the trims on the third hill were a little strong. Best ride on RB ever.
Last edited by DejaVuGurl1203 on May 4th, 2003, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby Aero737 on May 4th, 2003, 3:57 pm
wow, no jacket. I was freezing all day. I dont think I could of gone without a jacket. Too bad it didnt stop me from getting sunburned.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby coastrcorey on May 19th, 2003, 3:50 pm
I never posted my opening day photos... Oops :roll: . Well, here they are: http://www.photogra.com/index.cfm/a:365475
coastrcorey

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 20th, 2003, 7:47 am
Ok, I finally have my opening day photos up. Here they are. I will post pics from May 18 later today.http://www.photogra.com/index.cfm/a%3A380941
DejaVuGurl1203

Return to Trip Reports