Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

May 3rd Opening day

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby holydumb26 on May 3rd, 2003, 9:39 pm
Ok we arrived at the park at like 9:15am and then we ran to the gates.Oh did anyone see me I was the Kid with the Long Blonde hair and The white Coaster Buzz T-shirt.We waited unitl they let People In to the Park. Our line was like the Only one not moving cause all these stupid teenagers had all this metal stuff with them. Ok it was like 9:45am and we finally got in. Then We ran to the Superman Line we were pretty far back we were at Ru De Lodge(bumper Cars)The Line started to move at 10:04am by then Superman Had tested like 5 or 6 times already and I was ssoooo excited.We didnt have a very long wait it was about 10 mins but like 5 of those 10 was just getting thought the zig zag line thing in the Old shockwave Queue. The Themeing is awesome I cant Belive that Shockwave used to be there.I looks great I cant wait till there all finished all they really have left to do is the grass and so tree planting and cleaning up. Any way on to the ride. Quotes " this is the Best ride I have ever been on ... those G' are insane... I didnt know they had a Picture on Superman" lol.Seriously this is sooo fun I cant wait till Tommorow to ride It again.Easily the best ride ever lol.I love how every time a train is lifted into the Flying Positon everyone SCREAMS.I love the Seats on this ride.Look a this Pic I took it awesome http://groups.msn.com/kylecoasterworld/ ... toID=262Ok Now on tho the rest of my day.After Superman we wanted to do it again and we proably should have cause the line never got smaller. But we were stupid and went to Iron wolf Still One of my all time favorites only a 5 min wait. Even After 13 years It still hold up its Reputaion. Then We headed to American Eagle cause I wanted to Check out the retracking. This really helped the Ride its Actually alot smoother in the Helix But every whare else its still the same BuMPy and SHAKEY.It was like a 2 min wait for Red forward and 5 min for Blue Backward. We wanted to Ride Raging Bull but the First Queue thing was already Full so we skiped it wich was another bad Idea you will see later. We went On viper still awesome ride Like a 15 min wait. then we went and got my friends Season Pass she didnt go to early pass processing like me.Then we got a fast lane which are $12.00 now.Then We decided to have lunch.We Got our Hand Stamped and went to Burger King which I dont really like but you cant beat the Prices. Like 3.50 for Two Burgers and a Large Fry which in the park costs like 12 bucks.We got back In the Park around 1:00 pm then we Checked out Superman Even though we knew It was gonna be a long wait and It was It was through every thing and out on to the path like all day.So we skiped and went to Batman And we used our First Fastlane on that the line was really long it looked like 45 mins cause it was out in other line stuff by ERC which is back up yeaaaa. Great Ride as always.They had the wheel covers just sitting by the Transfer track it was werid they looked like little alein ships covered in Plastic.One Girl Ride OP Noticed my CB shirt and Laughed.Then we did Iron Wolf agian With our Fast lanes. Then we headed over to bull which was Broken Down I dont really know why. So then We headed to the Front of the park Then Headed back to Superman To Take more Pictures. Then We did Batman Agian with fast lane then headed back to Iron Wolf cause Bull was down then my Friend she noticed Bull had peole on it just before we were gonna use our last Fastlane on Wolf. So we ran and used our Last Fast lane on Bull I needed Airtime Bad And I sure got it I love Bull. They were even running it without the Trims on It was great.We went back row some guy who said he used to go to Coaster Buzz said hi to me cause of my shirt. And Right after the ride a Bull Ride Op said " oh no not a Coaster Buzzer" I just laughed. By this time it was like 4:45 we were Tired and we were getting picked up at 5:00 so we said Good bye to SFGAm for now.I had An awesome day I hope every else did too. Superman Ultimate Flight Rocks The Best ride Ever seriously I love it. My Total for this busy Opening day Was Raging Bull: 1, Batman 2, Iron Wolf 2, American Eagle 1, Superman 1, Viper 1. I am Going Tommorow too So I will have another TR and more Pictures here the link http://groups.msn.com/kylecoasterworld/ ... nd4th.msnw hope you enjoy.
holydumb26

Postby Aero737 on May 4th, 2003, 11:54 am
I was probably right near you in line for S:UF in the morning. I was right around the bumper cars too. It was crazy how everyone had to run through the rat mazes to get to the coaster, It looked so weird.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Return to Trip Reports