Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

6/28/2015

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby RollingCoasting on June 28th, 2015, 8:46 pm
Went to the park today. I got there around 11:20. I decided to start off with Raging Bull, as usual. The line was pretty short, I saw people sprinting to it. I got about 10 minutes into the line and I was a little behind the flash pass entrance. I thought it wouldn't be that long of a wait from there, but I was wrong. The employee working the flash pass line let about 30 people get past behind finally let us go after literally ten minutes. At one point, the stairs were completely empty, but he waited for some more flash passers to come. After about two minutes of no flash passers, we were allowed to move forward. Great ride, as usual.
After that, I got a walk-on ride on Revolution. Than, I decided to wait for Goliath. The sign said the wait time was 90 minutes, but it turned out to be only about 45. Amazing Ride. Next, I had lunch at the Go Fresh Cafe in Orleans Place for the first time ever. I rode American Eagle Blue after that. I don't really find AE rough, but I think the inside seats are smoother the outside seats for some reason. I didn't really do anything for about 35 minutes, besides having a vanilla milkshake from Totally Kickin' Chicken. While in line, I saw Goliath stop on the lift hill for about 40 seconds. Five minutes later, I saw Batman get stuck on the lift for about six minutes. After this, I rode Superman. I was assigned the seventh row. I love how fast you go through the pretzel loop in the back of the train. After this, I had dinner at the Chop Six in County Fair. After this, I went home. I was hoping to see free food being given out at the exit like last season, but like my last trip this season, there was none.

Overall, pretty good day, but mildly crowded.

(Short) Ride Count:
Raging Bull - About 20 Minute Wait (Queue got long in the afternoon)
Revolution = Literally a walk-om ( Queue was almost full later in the day)
Goliath - About 40 Minute Wait. (Honestly, I expected the wait to be longer, but the line wasn't even in the overflow queue)
American Eagle Blue - basically a walk-on, until the it was about to be my turn to ride and two flash passers were assigned my row. I hate when that happens. In the end, about 2 cycle wait.
Superman: Ultimate Flight - About 20 Minute Wait (The sign said 90 :shock: Luckily, I saw that the line looked pretty short before turning away )

Lol only 5 rides. I wanted to go on a lot more, but I didn't to wait an hour for X-Flight or Viper.

Oh, and I saw a dad letting his little daughter hop the fence in Superman's queue to get a soccer ball they lost .
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterCale on July 1st, 2015, 9:44 am
Ummm... Since when does AE have FP? :roll: As long as I can remember it's been EAP. Also FP don't take rows, they pass most of the queue then wait in the station, as EAP is waiting anywhere but the normal station and riding once the window is up.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Return to Trip Reports