Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wednesday June 10th

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Foltzy on June 6th, 2015, 10:57 pm
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but I'll follow this a trip report after I go on Wednesday.
The weather doesn't look so good, and schools are getting out the day before.
I'm writing this because I'm curious what you guys think the crowds will be, and if we want to splurge on flash passes
I'm going with three friends (gonna be sophomores) and we've all gotten jobs so we can spend the money but we'd prefer not to.
I don't think they'll be bad so it's not necessary but let me know what you all think
-Foltzy
Foltzy

Postby w00dland on June 7th, 2015, 10:09 am
It'll have moderate crowds, but nothing unmanageable. Schools will be out in some counties, but not in most of the drive markets (like Wisconsin or Indiana) or CPS. This also means that there will still be some school groups visiting the park as well, so stay till close and enjoy the quieter evening hours.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 7th, 2015, 1:34 pm
Only Woodland(the closest elementary/middle school district) will release on the 9th. 8th grade already graduated, so only 1st-7th graders are out. Crowds should be moderate.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Foltzy on June 10th, 2015, 11:41 pm
Hey Guys, So here it is- My TR from today the 10th
Crowds weren't that bad-the park seemed crowded yet lines weren't bad as many visitors were families with small children and then school groups, so they park was noticibly emptier by 3-4
We started out arrving at 10:00. Lines to get in didn't look bad but I couldn't really see as we were using the discover card entrance. My friend and I are season pass holders and we got two friends in for free,
We decidied to go on Superman first and we had to wait 15 minutes for the line to open then 15 minutes once it did. We got of that and went to BTR- we walked on. Decided to go on Whirligig for no reason whatsoever then heaed to X-flight, where we had to wait about 15 minutes.
We were getting water from the food court then heading to Raging Bull when my sister (who also happened to be in the park) texted me that Bull was down. So we ate lunch from the pizza place in the food court (The prices were crazy but it's six flags, what can you expect)
We decided to make a trip around the park ridding flats with no wait on pretty much all of them- we knocked out Giant Drop, River Rocker, Ricochet, Triple Play, HTFM, and Rue le Dodge.
Two of my friends decided that they wanted to ride Roaring Rapids so my other friend and I decided to ride Goliath (The 2 on RR didn't want to ride Goliath). We rode and met up with them after a 30 min. wait
While we were in line, a lady overheated and had to lie down in the queue, causing the queue to shut down-the ride kept going. When we got off thee whole queue was pretty much empty and the only line was really from the entrance to Fiddler's Fling. So we convinced the other 2 to ride with us and we got on in about 20 min.
After Goliath we decided to head to Raging Bull, we waited 30 min. then viper, we waited 15 min. After those two we went on Eagle's red side with a 15 min wait (blue was one train and was longer).
We headed to Demon after and walked into the station, yet we had to wait cause someone puked in their car and they had to cycle the train through then clean it up- a 20 min. delay.
After that we went to Whizzer and had a 15-20 min wait. After we decided to ride Rue le Dodge, and Whirligig on our way to Yankee Clipper (all three had no waits). We later decide to ride Raging Bull one more time with a 30 min wait and then we headed home after a carousel ride.
As you can tell, waits weren't bad at all and Iahve nothing to complain about for those..
Operations weere iffy- they were moving quickly yet had to re-check rows multiple times.
Crowds were extremely obnxious- a group of girls were taking pictures of Raging Bull when some teenagers behind us started cursing and freaking them out- saying they were being stupid and too white (exact words)-those werethe same that flipped out when a gunshot came from the stage show (I honestly don't think that's a good idea) A ton of couples with PDA and some of those couples didn't look like they were in high school. Yet on River Rocker we were able to have a competition on which side could yell louder- it was pretty fun- so some of the crowd was fine, but most were bad.
Weather was beautiful- a little hot in the morning but cooled off later
I thought the park didn't look too bad- Hometown park was getting better and it didn't seem as dirty as I've seen it before.
Eagle's blue train had dummies and was being looked at by mechnics, blue on bull was on storage. Black demon train no where to be seen.
No condor but every other ride was up.
Overall, it was a great day that wasn't marred by anything, and was made better with short waits
~Foltzy
Not really feeling school
Totally feeling coasters
Foltzy

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 10th, 2015, 11:52 pm
Condor's been down all season. I can very well see them removing it an replacing it with a SkyScreamer.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 21st, 2015, 12:51 am
That would be awesome. Condor seems to have major problems more and more frequently as the years go on. A skyscreamer would work great in that area. Or where the flop that is Buccaneer Battle.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby FParker185 on June 21st, 2015, 7:30 pm
Condor is now well over 30 years old and has looked like crap since basically the day the park set up the ride. Peeling paint on the tower along with the lights that never worked right.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 21st, 2015, 8:48 pm
Yeah. I'm actually surprised at the lack of discussion on it. The park is basically ignoring the ride. The 'birds' are all attatched, but it's never run once this season...

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Foltzy on June 22nd, 2015, 1:18 pm
I fee like they wouldn't have attached the birds if they didn't plan on running it.
I feel like a maintenance issue came up when they wanted to open it
Foltzy

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 22nd, 2015, 2:10 pm
But the thing is, even after the birds were attached, I didn't see anyone working on the ride. No maintenance workers, no city officials/inspectors, no employees. Nobody. I'm very confused with the park's decision on ignoring the ride basically.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Foltzy on June 22nd, 2015, 10:06 pm
Yeah. The weird thing is that it seems to be a popular-ish ride
Foltzy

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 22nd, 2015, 10:49 pm
^ I actually have noticed a steady decline in the ride's popularity. I've only ever seen it once have its line past the roofed section last season. Only time will tell it's fate.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 24th, 2015, 4:03 pm
I like it and my nephew loves it. I really enjoy going on it with him. As always, everything has a start and end. Condor will not be around forever.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Return to Trip Reports