Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Great America 09/01/13

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Sporlo on September 3rd, 2013, 11:57 am
I convinced my brother to go with me to the park on Sunday to take more advantage of our season passes. We arrived around 11:30-12 and left around 4:30-5 because my brother was "tired" and his "stomach hurt" :roll:

It was pretty darn hot, but there were also a lot of clouds, so the sun was shining maybe half of the time. Crowds were average I guess, but more on the lighter side.

The longest wait by far was Superman 2nd row (why is this thing so popular compared to the other rides?) at around 40 mins. We were using the Ride Hopper app the first half of the trip, but we stopped because the lines weren't long enough to warrant its use.

Next we waited a mere 15 mins for Batman front row, with the other rows being 10 mins or less. It felt remarkably smooth. Are these new trains or something?

Since Ragin' Cajun is leaving, we had to ride it one last time despite my disliking it. Waited a solid 20 mins for hardly ANY line at all. Fortunately, I braced myself hard the whole ride, so I was not injured. As a bonus, our spin was reversed just when it started to get out of control, so I didn't get off the ride unable to see from extreme dizziness.
Overall I had a better ride than I anticipated.
However, I still think the park is making a good move by gifting RC to SFA; I still don't like the ride, but I've learned that it's not the piece of crap I previously thought, so given it's horrible capacity, it should do pretty well at SFA.

V2 was about a 20 minute wait, which is a rarity, so we hopped on that, 9th row. I still think it should have 2 straight towers.

Eagle Red was nearly a walk-on, but we waited for about 2 trains. 2nd row.
Blue wasn't much wait either, and we got to skip about 2-3 trains because of an opening in 2nd row (2nd from the back of the station, meaning, same spot as red before)
I'd say the Eagle crew was the fastest of the rides we rode. Superman was probably the slowest.
One thing about being in the last car of Blue: it was really smooth. We fishtailed like crazy, but since we weren't jamming anything, it felt really good compared to normal back rows.
In summary, Eagle in general is not rough at all.

I wanted to ride X-Flight & Demon, but my brother wanted to do repiV and leave, so we skipped both. Demon had no line according to Ride Hopper.

We got 2nd row on Raging Bull, once again skipping 1-2 trains because of open spaces. The wait was maybe 30 mins. The crew was mostly on time, but a couple trains were held up by passengers. Question about dispatch: can the next train be sent as soon as the one ahead of it TOUCHES the block brakes, or CLEARS the block brakes?

Lastly, we finally got to ride repiV. It was shut down for a short time while we were in line, but I'm not sure why. I'm guessing it was just vomit, because they sent empty trains right away, and not many trains were sent, maybe 4-5. We sat in the same location as on Eagle Blue. The backwards experience was kind of awesome and insane. The only bad part was that I got a huge headache from it. It was really fun though. I literally had no clue what was going to come next, and I think the best part was the double down after the first turn around on the north end.
After that my brother definitely wanted out of the park, so we headed home.

It was great that this weekend worked out to be able to ride backwards blue and repiV all in the same visit.

Still hoping to visit again, possibly October 6th. First of all, I've never done Fright Fest before, and I'll also get to process my 2014 pass.
Sporlo

Postby DejaVu2001 on September 3rd, 2013, 12:32 pm
Sporlo wrote:I've learned that it's not the piece of crap I previously thought

No, you were right the first time :lol:

As for Raging Bull, when running 3 trains like they were this weekend, the train should be sent as soon as the previous train is off the lift. If they're running 2 trains, then they wait until the Block Brake is clear.
DejaVu2001

Postby Sporlo on September 3rd, 2013, 3:12 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:As for Raging Bull, when running 3 trains like they were this weekend, the train should be sent as soon as the previous train is off the lift. If they're running 2 trains, then they wait until the Block Brake is clear.

I guess they were pretty slow then :S
That makes sense because the lift is essentially a block section too.
Sporlo

Postby reeja on December 23rd, 2014, 6:04 am
Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.
You can get score highest marks in 640-916 braindumps dumps exam using Test king and test king which are prepared by ku certified professionals www.berklee.edu ccna wireless Northwestern University both are marvelous in Sterling College
reeja

Return to Trip Reports