Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAM 07/07/2011

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby viperchick85 on July 8th, 2011, 2:26 pm
First visit to Great America since 2006. My, how things have changed.

I'm pretty broke now, so when my dad offered to take us to SFGAM, I called off work and decided to seize the opportunity for some thrills. It had been forever since my last visit, so I was super stoked. Father purchased the tickets online, but our attempts at printing the vouchers failed. Luckily, our parking pass DID print at the library, and were able to go to Guest Services (or is it Relations?) and they printed our tickets for us. Yay.

Went on a decent amount of rides, but I would have liked to have gotten on Demon, Superman, and finally try out the Dark Knight. Demon and DK were closed when we tried to ride them, and we didn't want to buy a locker for my camera so I could ride Superman. IMHO, lockers should be cheaper, or they should implement some sort of temporary locker near the loading area. This may be overreaching a bit, but maybe they could color code the cars with the lockers, and supervise the locker area. Idk. What will be will be, maybe next time, Superman.

Ride Order/Estimated Wait times
Raging Bull - 60 minutes
Giant Drop - 35 minutes
Triple Play - 4 minutes
Orbit - 15 minutes
East River Crawler - 15 minutes
Batman - 60 minutes
Vertical Velocity - 60 minutes
Fiddler's Fling - 20 minutes
Chubasco - 15 minutes
Viper - 65 minutes

Here's what was amazing to me: The Little Dipper. I didn't ride it this time, but I did ride it back in 1992 at Kiddieland! I remember it being a lot larger, but everything is bigger when you're a kid. Good to see that although Kiddieland is closed, the Little Dipper still lives on.

I was also really glad to see the Bugs Bunny Store was still there. I didn't go in, but it was comforting to see it had not been removed. A lot of the same things I've grown to know and love were there as well, and it was interesting to see the new stuff. One thing I wasn't too happy about was how commercial the park has gotten - advertisements EVERYWHERE. Like I said before, I'm glad that a lot of things haven't changed, I think I it adds a lot of character and individuality to the park. And of course, there's the whole nostalgia thing. I was so sad when Space Shuttle America was removed. A lot of people thought it was lame, but I always liked waiting in line for it, and pretending I was in a space station. Ah well, I'll stop with my reminiscing. It was truly a Six Flags day. (What does that mean? It amused me all day.)
viperchick85

Postby tribar on July 8th, 2011, 2:39 pm
When Demon was closed was the yellow train on the MCBR
tribar

Postby viperchick85 on July 8th, 2011, 3:17 pm
tribar wrote:When Demon was closed was the yellow train on the MCBR

Thanks, I'm not sure what that means, but its ok. I have ridden Demon many times, and did not mind much.
viperchick85

Postby tribar on July 8th, 2011, 4:02 pm
MCBR means Mid Course Brake Run. Was the train stuck on the flat piece of track between the tunnel and the Corkscrews
tribar

Postby viperchick85 on July 8th, 2011, 11:03 pm
Honestly, I didn't see any cars on the tracks. But then, I wasn't looking either.
viperchick85

Return to Trip Reports