Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

PTR SFGAm 9-5

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby tribar on September 6th, 2010, 1:59 pm
Got to park around 9:45 While waiting for park to open we went to look at the model

Then we rush over for Raging Bull waited about 5 minutes the about another 5 for Viper. Then we went on to AE. I waited about 10 min for AE red 2nd to back row. Then right before my lap bar check looked back to find the back row EMPTY. I asked te ride op if i could move back she said no at first than changed her mind opened the lapbar and i quickly moved back. Had a great ride thought i needed another. Waited about 15 min. They were having extreme dispatch problems closing off rows everything. Rode in 3rd row and had another great time.
I hadn't rode LD so i figrured today would be the day considering it wasn't that bad

Waited about 15 min and somehow got front row. Almost didn't fit I found that there was a little sliver of airtime on the first drop but after that it wasn't really anything special. Worth the credit though :D
Next i figured why not S:UF until i saw this
I said NOW WAYand went on the Sky Trek Tower. Line wasn't anything bad.
And here's some of the pictures i took
This explains the 90 min wait for Superman
Final Count
RB 1
Viper 1
AE:R 2
LD 1
STT 1
Last edited by tribar on August 27th, 2011, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tribar

Postby ragingbull1331 on September 6th, 2010, 2:02 pm
Makes me want to bring a camera the next time I go to the park.
RIP IRON WOLF

Twitter: ILoveJimmy_Pop
ragingbull1331

Postby BrianPlencner on September 6th, 2010, 2:17 pm
I had a good time at the park yesterday as well. Was there from opening till close.

Did not take any pictures, but I did try to keep track of my ride counts. So, below is that list (not in the order that I rode everything)

Whizzer: 1
BTR: 4
Superman: 1
Train: 1
Tower: 1
Demon: 1
RB: 8
AER: 15 (at least..rode from 6 PM till 8 without getting off, so that's a guess)
AEB: 5 (from 8 PM till close, again without getting off)
King Chasos: 1
Viper: 1
V2: 1

--Brian
BrianPlencner

Postby 6Flags4Evr on September 6th, 2010, 2:54 pm
My count for that day................

SUF: 1
BTR: 2
V2: 1
RB: 10.... I beat you on that Brian! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AE-R: 2
AE-B: 1
IW: 1
Viper: 1
Condor
Triple Play
Richocet
Orbit
STT
Can't live without Coasters!!!
6Flags4Evr

Postby Luxornv on September 6th, 2010, 6:39 pm
ragingbull1331 wrote:Makes me want to bring a camera the next time I go to the park.

I say that every time I see pictures from Sky Trek Tower. Truth is though, even though I love taking pictures of rides, I hate bringing my camera to the park. It's just one more fairly expensive thing I have to worry about losing or breaking. I don't normally bring my camera to SFGAm anymore because I have a ton of pictures from the park already. When a new ride is built, I'll bring it.

Tribar, some really nice pictures. Good job with the shots of the model and not getting the glare from the glass dome above it, and the ones from Sky Trek Tower are excellent as well.
Luxornv

Postby ragingbull1331 on September 6th, 2010, 7:11 pm
I'd bring an old camera or something next time
RIP IRON WOLF

Twitter: ILoveJimmy_Pop
ragingbull1331

Postby tribar on September 6th, 2010, 9:17 pm
JForceFC014 wrote:
ragingbull1331 wrote:Makes me want to bring a camera the next time I go to the park.

I say that every time I see pictures from Sky Trek Tower. Truth is though, even though I love taking pictures of rides, I hate bringing my camera to the park. It's just one more fairly expensive thing I have to worry about losing or breaking. I don't normally bring my camera to SFGAm anymore because I have a ton of pictures from the park already. When a new ride is built, I'll bring it.

Tribar, some really nice pictures. Good job with the shots of the model and not getting the glare from the glass dome above it, and the ones from Sky Trek Tower are excellent as well.

Thanks
Im the same way about my camera. Notice how i didn't take a single picture up at a station and very few in the queues
tribar

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 7th, 2010, 8:11 am
I don't know if you mean all the cars explaining the 90 minute wait for Superman, or the waterpark, but it was the waterpark. The waterpark was very, very empty! We are talking about 3 groups people in line for Tornado empty. For Monday, it was colder than Sunday was, but the forecast tricked people into not coming Sunday to the waterpark instead of Monday. It was colder due to the wind in my opinion on Monday compared to Sunday. It still wasn't really packed Monday though. There was times when you had 13 groups of people for the Tornado.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Return to Trip Reports