Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

CP and SFWoA - 8/16 - 8/22

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby SFGA 11 on August 22nd, 2003, 10:30 pm
Hey guys I just got back from my great vacation. It was one hell of a week!We left early around 6 a.m Saturday. When we got to the Inn at Six Flags we rested for a few hours then we took the shuttle to SFWOA and check it out. My first impressions of the park was bad becuase the park looked crummy becuase it just rained and all of the rides were shutdown. We got in line for X- Flight. It began to rain again and we were under the cheap circus like tent that looked like it was s etup by 2 year olds, then it broke down, so we went back to the hotel.Day 2: We left at about 9 to the park. We ran to X-Flight. About a 10 minute wait. It was an ok ride but I still like S:UF better, this was more rough and I like SUF's seats better. But, I like X-Flights drop better. 8/10We went to The Edge err.. I mean Mr. Hydes Nasty Fall after that. I love these rides! It was great riding a ride that used to be at SFGAm. Great air on the drop. 7.9/10Then we rode El durado, this had cool theming. It was an ok ride. 6/10Then Mind Eraser, Ouch this ride kills! 2.5/10We went on S:UE after that, great ride 7/10Big Dipper This ride had some great air but it felt like it had square wheels, it was choppy and rough. 6.4/10After that we browsed the Wild Life section, we saw the Batman show. It was pretty cool but kinda corny.Raging Wolf Bobs Rough, Rough, Rough 2/10Batman: Knight Flight Ahh, finally a smooth ride. By far my fav ride at the park. This was my first floorless and I was satisfied by it. 9/10Ice Mountain Splash or what ever the hell it was called- ok ride, pretty boring.Serial Thriller 4/10Villain 7/10Double Loop 6/10It was an ok day at the park. This is my third favorite SF park after SFGAM and SFSTL and before SFKK.Day 3: WE drove to Cp. Relaxed most of the day and went on the beach later. We stayed at Hotel Breakers. Dragster Toweres over the park.Day 4: Got to the gates at about 8;15. They told us the two rides that would open early would be MF and Raptor, but they started letting people in for TTD early.Got inline waited about 5 minues and the y said it was down for mechanical reasons, we waited for about a half an hour but then we just left and went for Power Tower I like this better than GD. Greta ride. 8/10Then went to Corkscrew. This has great air on the drop and bunny hill but I still like Demon better. 6/10I'm tired now so I'll just post the rest of the ride totals.Top Thrill Dragster- This ride is incredible unlike any other coaster I have been on. Definmatly my favorite coaster. 3X Oh, yeah one guy had to go to the bathroom real bad so he went in the line for it. It was discusting.Millennium Force X2Magnum X2Power Tower X2Corkscrew X1Chaos X1Gemini X1Mean Streak X1Raptor X1Blue Streak X2Disaster Transport X1Wicked Twister X1Iron Dragon X1Mantis X1Wildcat X2Cedar Creek Mine RideX1Snake River Falls, White Water Landing and Thunder Canyon all X1Overall great trip! Mai Dragsta was worth the wait by it self. It kicks all other coasters asses!
SFGA 11

Postby T_Biggs on August 22nd, 2003, 10:35 pm
For SFWoA, sounds like our experiences were similar (on day 2, that is) except for what you think of Villian and Serial Thriller, I thought Villian was almost as bad as Bobs, and Thriller as good, maybe better than Batman.I didn't go to the wildlife side of the park at all. How much time is it worth? And other than the whale, what kinds of animals do they have?
T_Biggs

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on August 23rd, 2003, 12:58 pm
Glad you had a good time. Im going to SFWoA for Fright Fest and CP for Halloweekends. I cant wait!
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby SFGA 11 on August 23rd, 2003, 1:10 pm
in my opinion the wildlife section isnt worth spending that much time in. Tehy only have a few animals, tigers, whales, dolphins, etc..
SFGA 11

Postby coasterzak on August 24th, 2003, 10:40 am
Sorry to hear you didn't have an AWESOME walk on day. What was wrong with Mind Eraser? That is one of my favorite rides in the park. You have to know how to ride it, same as with Big Dipper. For anyone visiting my park, let me know, I'll try to meet up with you. Also, take this note - ride Big Dipper in car one and you won't be let down. Ride it anywhere else and you'll be hating life. Also, bring a pack of matches and please put RWB out of its misery. Thanks.
coasterzak

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on August 24th, 2003, 10:49 am
When I go I guess we can meet up if you like. I could aslo bring the matches :wink: .
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby lightningserve16 on August 24th, 2003, 11:00 am
Nice trips. Except for the guy going to the bathroom.
lightningserve16

Postby SFGA 11 on August 24th, 2003, 11:36 am
lol... It was nasty. Next time I go I'll ride Big Dipper in the front.
SFGA 11

Postby coasterzak on August 24th, 2003, 6:05 pm
Good job, I'm glad to hear you will! What seat did you ride it in?
coasterzak

Postby goldmember on August 24th, 2003, 8:55 pm
Did the guy crap his pants or something?? Sounds like you had a good time other than that though.
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby coasterzak on August 25th, 2003, 2:53 pm
Hey he didn't want to lose his place in line! That would be linejumping. It's survival in that TTD line.
coasterzak

Postby goldmember on August 25th, 2003, 8:49 pm
Well when you put it that way it doesnt seem too bad, lol. :wink:
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Return to Trip Reports