Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

WI Law???

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby SFGAMkid on August 7th, 2003, 9:01 pm
I was at Big Chief Karts and Coasters in the Dells a few days back for vacation. As I was waiting to board Cyclops, I noticed a sign that said...No person under 18 may ride in the last seat of a train. It's the WI law.Now I rode in the last car, but in the front of the last car.But then I thought that WI really has no other major coasters besides those three woodies and the new Water Coaster going up, which was still not open when I went. They are doing finishing touches, although I didn't see any boats/cars yet.Does anyone know anything more about the law thing?
SFGAMkid

Postby Chitown on August 7th, 2003, 9:09 pm
When I was there a couple of years ago, I dont remember the signs saying "Its WI law".If they did add that, it was probably a way to keep people from complaining about it. I highly doubt Wisconsin has a law in place for this. They have more important things to worry about. :lol:
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby highroller13 on August 7th, 2003, 9:36 pm
That's really odd. I wonder why, was ther an accident or somthing?
highroller13

Postby coastrcorey on August 7th, 2003, 9:55 pm
I knew you had to be 18, but I never have seen the Wisconsin law thing.
coastrcorey

Postby T_Biggs on August 7th, 2003, 10:21 pm
You don't have to be 18. Last time I was there, the "sign" was just sharpie written directly on the wooden railing of the station. They don't care if you ride the back seat, and I doubt this state would waste time on legislation of that. First of all, they are too dumb to know that the back seat of coasters generally give the best ride. Second, there aren't even 10 coasters in Wisconsin. Third, they have time to waste on worse things.I did read that at one time there was an aditional car. The station was set up for it, so I'm sure it was there. Maybe when that was on it, they enforced the rule.
T_Biggs

Postby coastrcorey on August 7th, 2003, 10:53 pm
Well, when I was there in June they enforced the rule. At least they did on Cyclops... A couple kids (probably 13) wanted to ride the very back, but the operator wouldn't let them.
coastrcorey

Postby Chitown on August 8th, 2003, 11:14 pm
I can understand them enforcing it on Cyclops (but its still not law).That second drop after the midcourse is still the most violent airtime I have ever experienced on a coaster. I rode Raven a few weeks ago and it doesnt compare to Cyclops in terms of violent airtime.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Return to General Coaster Talk