Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Spelling Issue

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby coastrcorey on June 17th, 2003, 11:59 pm
Ok, this is stupid but it has been buggin me lately...What do you think is the true way to spell roller coaster... Is it roller coaster (with a space) or rollercoaster (all as one word)?
coastrcorey

Postby chiatrain on June 18th, 2003, 12:24 am
I'm going with Roller Coaster on this one. Dictionary.com seems to agree. I've seen it both ways(RollerCoaster Tycoon...no space), but I think the 'correct' spelling is without a space.
chiatrain

Postby SFGA 11 on June 18th, 2003, 1:00 am
Yeah, I think it is "roller coaster" because I trust in RCDB and according to it, it is roller coaster.
SFGA 11

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on June 18th, 2003, 6:17 am
I would definitely go with roller coaster. Rollercoaster doesn't look like correct grammar, in English and spelling books I've even seen "roller coaster".
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on June 18th, 2003, 11:12 am
Its "roller coaster". Ive seen it a few times spelled rollercoaster. I have roller coaster books movies that spell it "rollercoaster". Many websites spell it "rollercoaster" as well. For an example of a site that spells it "roller coaster" go to http://www.rcdb.com
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coastrcorey on June 18th, 2003, 11:19 am
Ok, glad you guys agree... That's how I've always spelled it (roller coaster).
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on June 18th, 2003, 11:21 am
Yes the roller coaster is proper but I find myself spelling it numerous times as one word just as a quick typing mistake.
coasterzak

Postby tacoking1664 on June 19th, 2003, 6:54 pm
DejaVuGurl1203 wrote:I would definitely go with roller coaster. Rollercoaster doesn't look like correct grammar, in English and spelling books I've even seen "roller coaster".
A lot of words dont like like correct grammer here in the english language.
Eh, what's up?
tacoking1664

Return to General Coaster Talk