Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Cedar Point Commerical in Chicago?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby CoasterDude04 on June 7th, 2003, 12:23 pm
Well today I saw the first ever Cedar Point commercial, here in chicago. I was just wondering, did anyone else see it? (That lives in the chicago land are) And how far does this commercial travel? Chicago is about 6 hours away from sandusky, so that's pretty far. I remember seeing a SOB commercial for PKI like two years ago, so I guess Ohio seems to be getting their commercials out across the whole midwest. Anyone else see it?
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby SFGA 11 on June 7th, 2003, 2:00 pm
I didn't see it, but I wish I could have. It looks like Cedar Point is starting to go national with advertising.
SFGA 11

Postby chiatrain on June 7th, 2003, 2:02 pm
I haven't seen a TV commercial, but I have heard Radio commercials for Cedar Point numerous times on a local station in the Suburbs..
chiatrain

Postby coastrcorey on June 8th, 2003, 10:14 am
They've got billboards in Chicago too.
coastrcorey

Postby SFGA 11 on June 8th, 2003, 10:18 am
Coasterdude04- What was the commercial like? Was it mostly for Top Thrill Dragster? Or for the whole park?
SFGA 11

Postby CoasterDude04 on June 8th, 2003, 10:55 am
It was mostly the whole park. Saying how it has 16 different coasters and over blah blah family rides. It showed all the main coasters, and then it did a little high-light on TTD. It's the newest, tallest, fastest, etc... that whole thing. It was pretty new and then it showed a line from Chicago to Sandusky and how it's not that far away, and I think it said something about low prices and stuff like, but I really didn't listen, I was to busy watching!
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby NegativeGeez on June 8th, 2003, 11:58 am
questions....1) what channel was the commercial on, and at what time on what day?2) what radio station was the radio ad on?3) where are these billboards located?cp#1
NegativeGeez

Postby chiatrain on June 8th, 2003, 3:01 pm
The Radio station reaches out to the Aurora/Naperville. It's AM 1280, a local station that's promoting it's selling of discounted CP tickets and hotels. The commercial highlights TTD, and the Cedar Point (800) number Cedar Point Fun Guide.
chiatrain

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on June 9th, 2003, 2:11 pm
I only saw a bilboard on the highway. It was for TTD. I didnt hear or see any commercials yet.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coasterzak on June 9th, 2003, 4:25 pm
GO CP! OHIO ROCKS...!!!!!!! :D
coasterzak

Postby CoasterDave316 on June 9th, 2003, 4:28 pm
I saw one about a week ago advertising for the free getaway guide and the park. They must have expanded there advertising area, SFGAm might need too start thinking of them as competition if they start to advertise more.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on June 9th, 2003, 4:32 pm
Yeah, if you want to get one of those Getaway Guides, they are really nice and they have lots of pictures. Also, they are free and you can get them on the website, I recommend sending away for one to anyone that enjoys coasters or looking at brochures... it's like a little magazine.
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on June 9th, 2003, 4:43 pm
coasterzak wrote:GO CP! OHIO ROCKS...!!!!!!! :D
I agree! I'm like completely in love with Cedar Point now! :DAnyway, I got one of those Getaway Guides... They're really cool, and it has a big park map in it too. I also sent for an employee brochure... It's cool too, and it has a lot of nice info (and an application!).
coastrcorey

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on June 9th, 2003, 4:45 pm
Yes SFGAm should think of them as competitors as well as PKI. I think Ill buy that brochure thing.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coasterzak on June 9th, 2003, 5:28 pm
Oh no, they aren't competitors. CP is in an entirely different league. Maybe SFGAm thinks they are rivals, or competition, but CP definitely thinks they are better and a step up. Corey, you can say that CP is at a different level now that you've been there, can't you?
coasterzak

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on June 9th, 2003, 6:22 pm
The fact that they are a step above is exactly why they are a big competitor.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby SFGA 11 on June 9th, 2003, 7:13 pm
coasterzak- I went to CP and I agree with you it is a different level than SFGAm, they run things differently.
SFGA 11

Postby CoasterDave316 on June 9th, 2003, 7:22 pm
Funny everyone thinks they run things differently...I found them to be on the same level as SFGAm. Explain to me how they run things differently for one....they build the highest coasters while we build unique coasters is one difference as far as coasters. But 10 years from now who knows Millennium Force could be just a small sit down coaster along with all the other sit down coasters that have held records in the past. While SFGAm will still have unique rides instead. SFGAm has played the height game in the past with Eagle (then it was Marriot) and Shockwave...but those records are long gone and in Shockwaves case it was replaced by a smaller coaster. Shows how much records count in the future.Dave whos been going to Cedar Point for vacation the past 3 summers and decided to skip them this year because of a 420 ft. --- 16 second ride, in order to get more unique and longer attractions at SFMM.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterMan629 on June 9th, 2003, 7:40 pm
I saw a billboard on the highway. It said something like "The world's tallest coaster and a beagle on ice skates." Im pretty sure thats all of it, except it had the logo for CP next to it. :wink:
It's not how high or how fast you build the roller coaster it's how smooth you build it!
CoasterMan629

Postby coastrcorey on June 9th, 2003, 10:58 pm
coasterzak wrote:Corey, you can say that CP is at a different level now that you've been there, can't you?
Definately! I completely agree that they are a different level. One thing that was very easy for me to compare was the employee enthusiasm. Though I know there are a few GAm employees that are happy about their job, almost all of the Cedar Point employees are very welcoming and enthusiastic... You can really tell they care about their job. Even the sweepers smiled and greeted us... It really makes you feel so welcome. I don't want to sound like a Cedar Point "fanboy" or anything, but the park is definately run differently, for the better.
coastrcorey

Postby NegativeGeez on June 10th, 2003, 2:30 pm
well, i am a cedar point fanboy...and i completely intend to sound like one...its a better park, hands down on every level. i will most likely visit CP more than sfgam this summer. and for the record, dragster CRUSHES superman, and believe me, i loved superman. aside from the afforementioned point about friendlier employees (and overall atmosphere), its just a cleaner and better laid out park...it has a wonderful flow to it between rides and attractions, all of which help you to completely feel welcomed and at ease. its not my intent to dis sfgam, i have fun when i go there obviously, but even if ride-size werent an issue, sfgam cant hold a candle to the experince that cedar point gives you...cedar point just feels like its family owned an operated, and sfgam often feels cold and uncaring.plus there arent so many sailors!!!!
NegativeGeez

Postby InsaneNewman on June 11th, 2003, 1:24 pm
I saw a billboard on the highway. It said something like "The world's tallest coaster and a beagle on ice skates." Im pretty sure thats all of it, except it had the logo for CP next to it.
Yup, I second that, I saw it on the interstate. The tagline is as such 'cause the billboard has a picture of Snoopy on ice skates.
InsaneNewman

Postby NegativeGeez on June 12th, 2003, 5:48 pm
yes yes...but where on what interstate!?!?!?!?!
NegativeGeez

Postby coasterzak on June 12th, 2003, 11:14 pm
CP is hardcore into everything being perfect. The look of their park, always clean, the look of their workers - they are anal about dress code and grooming things, and they are anal about how fast trains are dispatched and stacking. They work very hard to do this and it puts them at a higher level. What I don't like though, is how they know they are up there and then get stuck up. I love CP though!
coasterzak

Postby tacoking1664 on June 12th, 2003, 11:21 pm
I saw a CP commercial when I was in my grandmas house in Charolette. I can see this happining. A guy I know in Rhode Island saw a commercial for AK. A disney coaster in RI, disney will do anything!
Eh, what's up?
tacoking1664

Next

Return to General Coaster Talk