Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Little A-Merrick-A

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby NoUseForAName on May 31st, 2003, 12:46 am
I was wondering if Little A-Merrick-A ever bought the Lincoln Park Cyclone? This was in the news awhile back (mid feb)
Deja Vu, Intensity Over Reliability.
NoUseForAName

Postby T_Biggs on May 31st, 2003, 8:54 am
I heard they bought the train, but not the coaster. If they ever get around to building a coaster for the train, I'll go there. Otherwise, I could get an almost identical type of park, minus the tiny coasters, in Green Bay.
T_Biggs

Postby coastrcorey on May 31st, 2003, 9:18 am
Go Bay Beach! Lol. I heard at the end of last season on the news that Bay Beach was thinking about a rollercoaster in the future... That would be awesome, but I can't see where it would go.
coastrcorey

Postby T_Biggs on May 31st, 2003, 6:23 pm
Corey, Bay Beach is big. They got a whole nature preserve. However, it's just that, a nature preserve. I doubt they'll build a coaster though it. If they ever get one, it will probably be something small like a Galaxi (like that one in the Dells) or a Mad Mouse, like at Little A-Merrick-A. It would be funny if they got a B&M, though. :lol:
T_Biggs

Postby coastrcorey on May 31st, 2003, 9:03 pm
Lol, a B&M would rock... I'm guessing that the Green Bay parks & rec doesn't have that kind of money though. But, yeah a coaster like one of the woodies from Big Chief would probably be possible to fit somewhere in there. I'd be way happy with that. :)
coastrcorey

Postby Chitown on May 31st, 2003, 11:09 pm
Yes, they did buy the NAD train from the Lincoln Park Comet. If you take the awesome train ride, you will see it laying near a shed. Its in very bad shape but with some TLC, it could be restored. They also purchased the lift motor and other mechanical parts from another SBNO wooden coaster but the name escapes me.Basically, Little-A-Merrik-A is considering building a wooden coaster themselves while utilizing the NAD train and mechanical parts for the coaster.The park is basically of a carnival setting, but the 2 standouts are the Mad Mouse coaster and the locomotive train ride. The Rol-O-Plane ride is also very cool.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Return to General Coaster Talk