Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

How pumped up are you on coasters?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby NoUseForAName on May 6th, 2003, 7:27 pm
I was wonder how other peoples reactions on coasters were. When I went on May 4th I rode next to my friend and 2 other people on batman. Usually My friends and I give the ocassional YEAH!! or Awesome!!! but the people next to us didn't even flash alittle smile throughout the whole ride. Who knows maybe they were mad at each other? I mean come on.... those flatspins allways make me smile. :D
NoUseForAName

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 6th, 2003, 7:30 pm
Whenever I'm riding a coaster I usually have my hands up and a huge smile on my face. I only scream when I'm with friends cause it's just kinda weird to scream when I'm alone.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby T_Biggs on May 6th, 2003, 7:37 pm
Most, just sit and smile. Viper, yell out in ecstacy. Vertical Velocity, I litterally LMAO. Last time I rode it the person I was next to said she couldn't hear anything but me laughing. Deja Vu, I yell. American Eagle, I've had it described to me that I sound like I'm having an orgasm. Othewise, just sit back and smile.
T_Biggs

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 6th, 2003, 7:45 pm
I usually just yell "wooo" or something like that, it depends. Its seems the longer I wait for a ride the more it deserves a "woooo!". If I just walk on a ride and ride it over and over again, im usually pretty quiet lol.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterDude04 on May 6th, 2003, 8:35 pm
Well you have to place your "woos" and "yeahs" at the right times. First drops, air time, inversions, and elements that are basicly worth it. I love screaming and yelling, but your right, when someone you don't know sits next to you, you sort of sit quiet. Oh well, I hardly ever sit with someone I don't know, so it's not a problem.
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby coasterguy on May 6th, 2003, 8:37 pm
My friend has the best sream for rollercoasters and we where sitting next to people we didn't know and after the ride the gave us crazy looks.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on May 6th, 2003, 8:41 pm
I'm so anxious to ride a coaster, espically SUF, RB, BTR & Viper. That sometimes I even jump on my chair & go completey NUTS in the meantime.BTW, I even have a SFGAm Photo/Scrap Album loaded with SFGAm stuff from 1999 to 2002, I plan to include 2004 & 2005 too. Got 2000-2002 park maps, and lost the 1999 map. :( Oh well, it helps me alot. 8)
SECOND 2014 VISIT: May 24th, 2014.
2014 Season Pass Holder

"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?" - The 4th Doctor (Doctor Who).

Antonio Aguilera
https://www.facebook.com/BEAMER3K
http://beamer3k.deviantart.com/
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 6th, 2003, 8:43 pm
Yeah sometimes when I feel like it I get out a few "woo"'s.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby Coasterman3 on May 6th, 2003, 8:43 pm
i get really pumped up especially on raging bullLater :twisted:
B&M Simply The Best!
Coasterman3

Postby Dre on May 6th, 2003, 8:50 pm
CoasterDude04 wrote:Well you have to place your "woos" and "yeahs" at the right times. First drops, air time, inversions, and elements that are basicly worth it.
A fun thing to do is scream on the not-so-exciting parts, like the lift hill and the very end or whatever, and then just sit there during the fast parts. Like for example: You're riding Raging Bull. The train starts up the lift hill. A little ways up, you stick your hands in the air and start screaming like it's really fun. Just go crazy and make sure everyone can hear you. Then when you finally get over the top, and it's when you're supposed to do that, just sit there like it's boring. Then at the end of the ride when it's slow again and nothing's happening start screaming again. It works best if you're sitting right next to someone you don't know at all. See what they think of you.....(any idea what I mean?...)
Dre

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on May 6th, 2003, 8:53 pm
Dre wrote:
CoasterDude04 wrote:Well you have to place your "woos" and "yeahs" at the right times. First drops, air time, inversions, and elements that are basicly worth it.
A fun thing to do is scream on the not-so-exciting parts, like the lift hill and the very end or whatever, and then just sit there during the fast parts. Like for example: You're riding Raging Bull. The train starts up the lift hill. A little ways up, you stick your hands in the air and start screaming like it's really fun. Just go crazy and make sure everyone can hear you. Then when you finally get over the top, and it's when you're supposed to do that, just sit there like it's boring. Then at the end of the ride when it's slow again and nothing's happening start screaming again. It works best if you're sitting right next to someone you don't know at all. See what they think of you.....(any idea what I mean?...)
Oh, geez! I've done that once! Guy thought I was a total Idiot! :lol:
2014 Season Pass Holder

Antonio Aguilera
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby coastrcorey on May 6th, 2003, 8:56 pm
Haha... That sounds like so much fun!
coastrcorey

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on May 6th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Whoooooooooo, Hoooooooooooooooooo! YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOO! UHGGGGGG!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My ride on Raging Bull. :P
2014 Season Pass Holder

Antonio Aguilera
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 6th, 2003, 9:25 pm
When its really quiet in the station (usually in Eagle's station you can hear a pin drop for some odd reason). Me and my brother usually yell something out, then say "owww" in a sad way when everyone looks at us and doesn't start yelling too lol. There have been times though when we have gotten the whole station pumped up though. Spacleys Sprocket Rockets is always a fun ride to yell as loud as you can on, and sometimes you can even hear the people in the "station" laughing.
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on May 6th, 2003, 9:29 pm
U know if U want to get the ops to race the eagle trains, raise both your hands in the air, as high as they can go. Then move both arms(in the air) back & fourth (slow to medium speed) in front of U and behind U. It sometimes works, sometimes it does'nt. If it works then the ops will try to get the trains to race.I tried it once and it did'nt work, guess the ops did'nt see me. GET THEIR ATTENTION! :D
2014 Season Pass Holder

Antonio Aguilera
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 6th, 2003, 9:44 pm
lol, that won't work...last year they were only racing when both trains were in the station at the same time. This year though, they seem to be making the extra effort to race. I didn't see them send the trains once not racing (when both trains were running that is)
Go Bulls!
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby linebacker131 on May 7th, 2003, 7:25 am
i scream during the whole ride to get people next to me to tell me to stop then i just look at them and start screaming agien expesaly on the boring ones like wizzer and ssr thats pritty funny
linebacker131

Postby whiteygabe1998 on May 7th, 2003, 8:15 am
i got it planed out on suf im going to put my arms out so im like superman. on v2 i swing my feet when im on it espacally when im held on the the back tower. man i love v2 i havent been on deja vu yet so i dont kno what to do on it got any ideas??
whiteygabe1998

Postby v2 on May 7th, 2003, 10:54 am
I laugh until it hurts on V2, Viper, BTR, Deja Vu, and Eagle. I think Raging Bull is boring, so I just sit there if I`m with friends, or I just don`t ride it. Demon is kinda painful so I try to laugh. It doesn`t work. Whizzer is fun, but not laugh exciting, and SUF is boring too.
v2

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 7th, 2003, 2:15 pm
On every coaster I put my hands up and just yell out yea!!!! and wooo!!!! a few times.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coasterguy on May 7th, 2003, 2:29 pm
Do you guys ever notice that the coaster people on the tv shows never put their hands up!!!!!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 7th, 2003, 2:36 pm
Yeah Ive noticed that too. Whats up with that?
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby NoUseForAName on May 7th, 2003, 2:48 pm
lol some of these are great. I think they don't wanna get to into it to make sure they don't look like an idiot on tv.
NoUseForAName

Postby goldmember on May 7th, 2003, 6:35 pm
I've noticed that too. i think that they are pansies. When im on rides i let out a really high pitched scream and i act really terrified to see if i can get a reaction out of the people around me. coasterguy knows what im talking about.
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby KingWeeMan on May 7th, 2003, 8:35 pm
i noticed that they dont do anything while on rides too.also when i went to GA last sunday there were these guys in the tunnel of B:TR that got the crowd goin a little by yellin out "Everybody say OHHHHHH!" and stuff like that, it was pretty cooli really like just yellin out when its a boring part to make people thinkim wierd, probably because i am a little wierd
KingWeeMan

Next

Return to General Coaster Talk