Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

whats the best 'first time' roller coaster to go on?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby DeeBee on March 30th, 2003, 8:14 pm
my friend has never been to six flags before, let alone a roller coaster. i need your opinions. what do u think is the best 'first time' roller coaster to put her on so she doesnt get to freaked out. i was thinking about the run away train first and then move right on to the bigger ones (with flips lol) i was thinking medusa, but does ne one have any better suggestions for her :?:Thanks for ur help :D~DeeBee~
DeeBee

Postby Coaster_Chick on March 30th, 2003, 8:22 pm
my first ones were Viper (which I don't think was a good one, a great ride and one of my faves now, but for me personally it wasn't a good one to start on) and Demon and Batman (which I think were good ones).
~Theresa~
*Undercover Line Jumper Ejector*
Trips in '05: 2 Next up: May 8
The Posse
Coaster_Chick

Postby DeeBee on March 30th, 2003, 8:29 pm
hey thanks for the infoi go to the park in jackson NJ, (six flags great adventure)i dont think they have a ride called demon there...
DeeBee

Postby Dre on March 30th, 2003, 8:44 pm
Yeah I was also wondering which rides would be the best to take my friends on for the first time who have never been on a rollercoaster. Only at Great America though.
Dre

Postby T_Biggs on March 30th, 2003, 9:22 pm
My brother-in-law's first coaster was Batman. Take her on that, I doubt there is anything more scary there than that. Don't worry about freaking her out. She'll hate you for a hour then want to go again, otherwise want to go again right away.
T_Biggs

Postby joker on March 30th, 2003, 9:37 pm
When my friend took his girlfriend, they went on the Demon first. Then they went to the Viper, American Eagle, Iron Wolf, Bull, Shockwave, V2, Deja Vu. She wanted to keep going on all the roller coasters there. It was quite funny.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby Do I Know You on March 30th, 2003, 10:48 pm
Force her on Batman or Raging Bull. Don't waste any time.
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby Coaster_Chick on March 31st, 2003, 11:36 am
T_Biggs wrote:My brother-in-law's first coaster was Batman. Take her on that, I doubt there is anything more scary there than that. Don't worry about freaking her out. She'll hate you for a hour then want to go again, otherwise want to go again right away.
Haha! That's EXACTLY how I was. I loved Batman, and I didn't shut up about it for two weeks after until I got to go on it again.
~Theresa~
*Undercover Line Jumper Ejector*
Trips in '05: 2 Next up: May 8
The Posse
Coaster_Chick

Postby greatamerica2003 on March 31st, 2003, 4:17 pm
I beg to differ with about going on the big coasters first. It depends on if she is scared or not. If she isn't then take her on the big stuff. If she IS scared, then ease her into it. Take her on Whizzer, of if thats too big then you can go on Spacleys Sprocket Rockets (which have no max height requirement this year)
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 31st, 2003, 4:33 pm
Yeah you should take her on either Batman, Deja Vu or Raging Bull first...whatever you think she might be more scared of. A good bet would be Raging Bull since its the biggest ride there and she might think if she could ride the biggest ride there she can ride anything else.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on March 31st, 2003, 4:38 pm
I'm thinking something that loops with an OTSR so they feel more secure. I'm thinking GASM at SFGAdv wouldnt' be a bad idea. It's relatively tall, fast, and you feel safe. The only downside is the headbanging though.
coasterzak

Postby T_Biggs on March 31st, 2003, 6:23 pm
Did you guys not read? This person is talking about Great Adventure, not Great America. There is no Deja Vu, Raging Bull, or Spacelys. There is a Batman, though, so take her on that, Nitro, or Medusa first. The biggest and baddest are also the best (I'm assuming Nitro and Medusa are great because Raging Bull is and so is Kraken at Sea World.)
T_Biggs

Postby coasterzak on March 31st, 2003, 8:45 pm
Yeah I guess I'll have to go with T_Biggs... try Medusa. If it's anything like Batman Knight Flight at SFWoA, it's a great coaster to start people on. Moderately tall, very smooth, and gives a nice, secure ride. I got my 50 year old aunt onto that ride and she loved it!
coasterzak

Postby T_Biggs on March 31st, 2003, 9:38 pm
50 year old aunt on Batman Knight Flight? Thats nothing. Try a (at the time) 59 year old grandma on Viper, the wickedest coaster in a corporate park anywhere in the United States. :lol: Well, it was her first coaster since the 1960's at Riverview.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterzak on April 1st, 2003, 5:49 pm
She'd never been on anything before, and she won't even ride observation tower type rides because of their heights. We were pretty proud of her, and she was very surprised.
coasterzak

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 1st, 2003, 6:28 pm
Alright I just realized it was about Six Flags Great Adventure, everyone probably assumed it was about Great America like I did because it was in the Great America forum. So now thats why it is now moved to the General Talk forum.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby DeeBee on April 1st, 2003, 6:52 pm
heythanks for all of ur replysim sry i posted in the great america forum, i didnt realize the A in SFGA stood for america not for adventure until after i posted. silly mistake, im sry it wont happen againonce again thankx for ur replies, yea she is a lil scared, tho she wont really admit it.. her face shows fear when i show her pics of the rides the loop..._DeeBee_
DeeBee

Postby coasterzak on April 3rd, 2003, 2:24 pm
Show her this video of the park so she knows what's coming her way. I really enjoy it! http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/video.htm
coasterzak

Return to General Coaster Talk