Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Water Coaster at Big Chief?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby coastrcorey on March 23rd, 2003, 2:12 pm
Anyone else hear anything? I read it on Screamscape... I know it could just completely be a rumor, but that would be kinda cool if big chief got a water coaster. Also I've heard some kind of new ride is going in at Noah's Ark?? That would be cool too.
coastrcorey

Postby T_Biggs on March 23rd, 2003, 2:34 pm
BCC&C probably wont get any new coaster anytime soon, it just doesn't seem like them really. Even though the wood coasters are my favorite woodies around, they don't fit in to that park. Noah's Ark, though, probably will get a new ride in a year or so. I don't think they got anything new since Flash Flood two or three years ago.
T_Biggs

Postby coastrcorey on March 23rd, 2003, 6:45 pm
Yeah, I don't think so... Wait, yeah they did. It's that Sting Ray thing. I went there this summer.
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on March 23rd, 2003, 7:46 pm
I've never been to BCC&C. Is it worth taking a trip to, or is it just a small little park with a few coasters? I checked out the website and it made it sound like it had some of the best wooden coasters around.
coasterzak

Postby T_Biggs on March 23rd, 2003, 8:16 pm
Ok, the site, ignore it. It's a typical Dells site. "World's Tallest Fastest Longest Steepest kiddie coaster is here at Joe Blow's Fantasy World!" or "The most realistic greatest most awesomest wax people here at the wax mueseum!" or "The world's largest collection of tourist traps here at Ripley's Belive it or Not!"But anyways, if you are in the area, it is worth a trip. It's also worth the trip if you go for a long weekend, there is a lot to do in the Dells. Countless water parks, countless traps, and great scenery.But, about BC. I've gone twice, both in 2001, and had a great time both times. Go karts suck, too slow and the tracks seem uneventful (except for a few exceptions, such as Medusa Drop's double down, and umm thats it.) Pegasus is a lateral-filled coaster with not much elevation change, but Cyclops and Zeus. They are on the same level as Viper. Cyclops has the greatest moment of ejector airtime that lasts about as long as most floater does, and Zeus is full of laterals, high positive Gs, and lots of airtime. Zues is a coaster that will please any coaster enthusiast but one kind: those who need loops. Otherwise it has everything! Cyclops is worth the ride because of its raw power of ejector air, buzz bar, and extreme lateral durring the ejector air. Best of all, on all 3 coasters, each ride is 2 circuts! Oh, and there are no lines. You might have to wait 1 cycle (2 trips) for front or back seat, though.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterguy on March 23rd, 2003, 9:23 pm
Yea Mudusa's Drop is the only good go-kart track there.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby Chitown on March 23rd, 2003, 10:31 pm
Its not a rumor. Just go to their website. Right on the main page it says "New" Triton Water Coaster.http://www.bigchiefcarts.com/
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby coastrcorey on March 23rd, 2003, 10:54 pm
Lol... Thanks. I never thought to check the site! Duh :roll: !
coastrcorey

Postby T_Biggs on March 23rd, 2003, 11:01 pm
:lol: Looks like I was wrong. It is something they would do. Well this is a surprise to me. Looks like I'll be taking a trip there again this year.
T_Biggs

Postby joker on March 24th, 2003, 2:09 am
Wow...thats going to be weird to see now when I pass there. I never been there before...but planning on taking a trip.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby coastrcorey on March 24th, 2003, 6:15 pm
Yeah, I'll be definately going again this year... Sounds like it'll be a cool ride :).
coastrcorey

Postby T_Biggs on March 31st, 2003, 3:31 pm
Here is an update. A couple weeks ago I sent an e-mail asking about the ride. Here is the reply."The new ride we are building should be open in June. It will be morelike a water roller coaster rather than a flume ride down the street. Iinvite you to check it out this summer. I can't say any more at thistime because we haven't started construction on it yet."
T_Biggs

Postby coasterzak on March 31st, 2003, 4:32 pm
I wonder if it will be like the Dragon Blaster at Schlitterbahn.
coasterzak

Postby CoasterDude04 on March 31st, 2003, 5:40 pm
I doubt it will be that kind of water coaster, those are mainly for water parks. Plus, when you look at the artists rendering of the ride on the main page, it shows a log shapped car with 4 people in it, so it's going to be something a long those lines. I know it's just a drawing, but it still indicates what it will be like it.
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby T_Biggs on March 31st, 2003, 6:20 pm
I asked what make it is, but obviously I didn't get it. I'm guessing it's a Premeier liquid coaster or a Mack water coaster. If that is the case, either the cars are not 1-wide, but 2, or they are new cars. Or maybe it's a company that just entered the liquid coaster sector.
T_Biggs

Postby m311ton on April 2nd, 2003, 6:57 pm
The coasters are great there, I definately reccommend making a stop if you are in the Dells. The only problem is its expensive.
m311ton

Postby coasterguy on April 2nd, 2003, 9:47 pm
yea it is $5 a ride, but there is sum wrist band thing that is like $30-$40 for free rides.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby m311ton on April 2nd, 2003, 10:49 pm
Its actually a nice deal because I think it includes go carts too right? If you are there for a whole day its worth spending the money.
m311ton

Postby Chitown on April 3rd, 2003, 12:40 am
Big Chiefs does their POP just like Indiana Beach.You pay one price (around $30.00) for a 6 or 7 hour ride session which includes all the coasters and go-karts.3 CCI woodies in one park is well worth a visit. Low and behold, Indiana Beach also boasts 3 CCI's so that park is also worth a visit.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby coasterzak on April 3rd, 2003, 2:21 pm
coasterguy wrote:yea it is $5 a ride, but there is sum wrist band thing that is like $30-$40 for free rides.
LOL It is $30-$40 for free rides!? Wow, I heard some Six Flags season passes are free for $60! Sorry, couldn't resist! :wink:
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on April 3rd, 2003, 2:24 pm
I think he meant $30-$40 for unlimited rides... I think...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on April 4th, 2003, 1:43 pm
I've said that before and got torn apart meaning pay one price and I just wanted to tease him. Got It?! :twisted:
coasterzak

Return to General Coaster Talk