Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags 2018 Additions

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 31st, 2017, 9:25 pm
Thought the chain needed its own topic. Talk about the other park and their 2018 projects!

I'll start by saying, I am surprised that SF went with two of the ABC rides. You would think they would roll out one and see how that goes. Plus only adding one to add to the fact that its the first of its kind here. Now one is gonna open and the next will follow suit in a week or two who knows. Surprised.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Coaster Justin on September 1st, 2017, 1:58 am
My Review of the Entire 2018 Additions with KD

https://youtu.be/BmH9QHofbzU
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on September 1st, 2017, 4:47 pm
My thoughts on each addition:

SFGAdv: Awesome ride! Unique, thrilling, and rounds out that corner of the park well. My only complaint is the capacity doesn't seem to be the best.

SFNE: Great ride! Am I the only one who hates the logo? I mean, why did they make her look so chunky, lol

Great Escape: Looks like a fun family ride. Not surprised to see something like this added

La Ronde: Typical La Ronde-style addition. Was honestly expecting a Free-spin but new flats are always welcome, however. With all of the flats they've added in recent years, I'm shocked that they yet to receive a superloop.

SFA: Very overhyped teasing campaign. I think at very least they should've received a small (adult) waterslide if not a watercoaster. The general public doesn't seem to be very enthusiastic about this addition either

SFGAm: Excited to ride it. Glad to finally see a new thrill ride after a 13 year-drought

SFSTL: Looks like an awesome waterslide! STL Hurricane Harbor is already really good so this is icing on the cake.

SFOG: It looks alright but I can't help but be pretty disappointed. I was expecting Wicked Cyclone South but what they got was Goliath South, but not nearly as tall or fast. Short, and seems to lack in the airtime department compared to the other RMCs. It just sucks that they removed a whole lap from the ride. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the worst RMC, but even that makes it a good coaster I guess.

SFOT: Cool ride, but what's with the double-naming? Couldn't they pick another DC Character than one they just themed a ride to in 2016?

SFFT: Looks awesome but the capacity is well... not great for a park of this size....

SFMM: Love it! Magic Mountain really needed this. My only complaint is the weird name. Why not just name it Spinsanity or something?

SFDK: Don't think this was needed here since they have a superloop but I guess it looks nice where it is. They should really just officially make that section of the park a D.C. area

SFM: It may not be the best coaster, but it fits really well for this park. The GP seems to love it. The colors look really ugly though, in my opinion
RollingCoasting

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 1st, 2017, 10:26 pm
I will just say about the Great Escape. That ride looks AWESOME! That ride is my favorite new ride out of all they announced. I wanted to ride that thing since I've first seen it. It's a Chance Freestyle.

Here's a video of it at a carnival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKtPUK4FR58

It looks to be a more intense version of a Chance Wipeout which I think is great already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QpAGAadJ6w

The Chance Freestyle has harnesses instead of lapbars / seatbelts.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Return to General Coaster Talk