Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Thoughts on SF Great Adventure?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby RaceBoarder on May 28th, 2016, 8:15 pm
Going to Philadelphia for the USA Copa America match, so this will give me a shot at SFGAdv on June 13th. Anyone been? Thoughts on the park?

Obviously El Toro is a priority, but I'm also interested in Joker, Nitro, and Zumanjaro.
RaceBoarder

Postby stergmi on May 29th, 2016, 6:52 am
Within 90 minutes of Philly you have GA, Dorney Park and Hersheypark. Depending on long you're there I think all 3 parks are worth while. Possibly a debate b/w GA and Hershey as to which should be your priority.

But GA is definitely on my wish list for this year so I don't think you can go wrong.
stergmi

Postby RaceBoarder on May 29th, 2016, 9:00 am
stergmi wrote:Within 90 minutes of Philly you have GA, Dorney Park and Hersheypark. Depending on long you're there I think all 3 parks are worth while. Possibly a debate b/w GA and Hershey as to which should be your priority.

But GA is definitely on my wish list for this year so I don't think you can go wrong.

Hershey was thought of initially but nixed due to cost. I'm already dumping a ton of cash for a hotel in downtown Philly and tickets to the soccer match amongst other soccer related activities. I won't have a car either, so it's SEPTA, Uber, and my own two legs for transit. Adding that cost to a daily admission ticket just became too much. SF Gold pass FTW!
RaceBoarder

Postby CoasterCale on June 2nd, 2016, 8:47 am
Great Adventure is my top Six Flags park for thrills. It houses my number one wooden coaster and number three steel coaster, being El Toro and Kingda Ka. I last visited in June 2013, but had a great time. Lines weren't bad and I got every credit I wanted. Good luck!
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 7th, 2016, 9:51 pm
Funny, I might go to the Argentina game at Soldier Field. Anyways, SFGAd is up there for me. Lines were "average" I guess, and I squeezed in just about everything except the SFGAm clones. The biggest thing I missed was the safari. I'm not a huge fan of the layout of the park. But they got a great coaster line up!
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to General Coaster Talk