Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags St.Louis on Labor day

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Coasterpower on August 12th, 2012, 3:09 pm
HEY :D We're planning to visit Six Flags St.Louis on the saturday of the Labor day weekend and I just have a few questions!

1. Do you think its gonna be crowded?
2. How long do you think most ride lines will be?
3. If it is gonna be crowded, im considering to buy a solo platinum flash pass since its only gonna be me riding. Do you think I should buy it online or on the park when I get there? do you think its worth the price ($75) for a solo platinum flash pass? Anyone ever used a platinum flash pass at six flags st.louis? thoughts?

Thanks! thats all!
Coasterpower

Postby monsterfan99 on August 12th, 2012, 4:55 pm
1. It should have decent crowds, typical summer level.
2. Capacity tends to suck on a lot their rides and is worse with Flashpass riders there. Expect 30-60 minutes on many rides with Mr. Freeze and Big Spin being the worse.
3. Absolutely get a FP there if the crowds look bad. Almost all rides are enter through the exit (minus Big Spin) and allow you to pick your seat. Only issue is Mr. Freeze where the FP just dumps you into the loading station and you get to fight with people to get in a row.
monsterfan99

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 12th, 2012, 5:14 pm
I think that if you can take Six Flags Great America crowds, than Six Flags St. Louis would be nothing compared to it. The worst days I know of at St. Louis even though I obviously don't go there all the time (It's a vacation park for me) are the Christian concert type of stuff. Or in general, if you don't care for the concert at the park, you should always avoid those days.

Considering you are spending only 1 day at SFStL, with just going one day, maybe you would really want the Flash Pass thing because you are again only going one day. In my opinion, I would never buy a Flash Pass ahead of time because you have no idea how long the lines are really going to be until you get to the park. Judging by SFGAm crowds, to me you can pretty much know how bad the park is going to be after the first hour. Some people tend to go on one ride, and than decide to find the Flash Pass, but if you really want to know if it's worth it, wait until about a hour to see if it is really bad, or not. Within the first 20 minutes of the park opening, who knows if it's going to be really bad or not?

The worse lines at that park (SFStL) that are also included in the Flash Pass are Mr. Freeze, Pandemonium, and Scooby-Doo dark ride. What you need to take into consideration is, do you think you will ride those rides more than once, or will you even ride those at all? River King Mine Train can get a little longer, but the thing with that ride is that, it really doesn't take that long for them to load / unload the ride (They touch the one bar rather than just individual harnesses or lapbars), and it gets up to 30 people which is a lot of people. When it's really bad, they are probably running 3 trains.

At the time I went, the train had a fake train robbery skit, but to me it was so stupid, and a waste of time. Board the station by the River King Mine Train / Skyscreamer / Rush Street Flyer in which you can see the skit. The train stops to the left of the River King Mine Train coaster.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Coasterpower on August 12th, 2012, 11:13 pm
What im worried about is that if I see how the crowd is and decide to buy it is that its gonna be sold out cause it said on the website that it has limited quantities. OW and which rides/coasters can you ride twice with the platinum FP? it said on the website that you cant ride all rides 2 times with the platinum FP. So should I risk it and see how the crowds are first? :oops: :D
Coasterpower

Postby Johnny.Ink on August 13th, 2012, 1:04 am
Honestly, if you are going to a park, and not likely to go back soon, get the platinum flash pass. I would check to see what rides, if any, do not allow a double ride - I'm guessing Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast, but best to check.

We are leaving on a business trip / vacation trip and visiting 4 parks. getting the platinum for each, because I want to maximize riding time, and want to ride the rides as many times as possible.

To me dropping the cash is worth that. Do it online, and don't sweat it. Have fun.

Oh, and to those wondering, we are hitting Holiday World (no flash pass there though), Dorney Park, Great Adventure and New England.
Johnny.Ink

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 13th, 2012, 10:06 am
^^I don't see the Flash pass being sold out in the first hour. Six Flags wouldn't limit it that much. They really want the money. Do what you want though..

For the first hour though WITH or WITHOUT the flash pass, go on Mr. Freeze & Scooby-Doo first because they are right across from each other, and than Pandemonium isn't that far away. If Mr. Freeze is broke, go on Scooby first. If it's still not open, go on Pandemonium, and come back to Mr. Freeze. In general though, this park does not take that long to get from one side to the other. For instance, getting from V2 to Raging Bull at Great America is a pain (Long Way) compared to getting from Batman to Mr. Freeze at SFStL.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Coasterpower on August 13th, 2012, 12:05 pm
^^I don't see the Flash pass being sold out in the first hour. Six Flags wouldn't limit it that much. They really want the money. Do what you want though..

Honestly thanks for making that point! :D I want my money to be worth it so im gonna see how the crowd is first! do you think the price will be different when I buy the platinum FP in the park and not online?
Coasterpower

Postby Johnny.Ink on August 13th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Coasterpower wrote:
Honestly thanks for making that point! :D I want my money to be worth it so im gonna see how the crowd is first! do you think the price will be different when I buy the platinum FP in the park and not online?

Nope. Same price either way from what I have seen.
Johnny.Ink

Postby Muck Finnesota on October 14th, 2012, 9:29 pm
Anyone make it down to SFStL for their Fright Fest this year? I can take it or leave it when it comes to Park Haunts- but I had something unplanned come up that took me to St. Louis this past Friday/Saturday. I found a few hours for SFStL on Saturday, and honestly wouldn't have known it was Fright Fest had it not been for the larger than normal crowd, and like 4 or 5 guys with chainsaws that were confined to a small area towards the front of the park. It didn't bother me at all- I just found it a bit surprising.

The mirrored Batman clone, Evel Thunder, and Boss were running great and made the 5 or so hours we were there worthwhile. The GCI really surprised me- I didn't think too much of it when I last rode it. In my opinion, Boss is right there (and in good company) towards the top of the list when it comes to massive wooden coasters. Boss at night is insanity. Such an underrated ride. Nice to see a Batman clone with an appropriate color scheme. The yellow is pretty bad, but the blue is downright awful.
Freeze backwards was underwhelming. Hopefully this is only temporary, and hopefully Six Flags sticks to wooden out and back coasters for reversed-train operations. Taking the return run backwards adds a sort of oh sh** quality that does a great job of ending the ride on a high note- a crescendo if you will. Getting that excitement out of the way at the very beginning takes that away. Still fun, just not as fun.

On a side note, it's too bad that Chang or Iron Wolf weren't sent here instead. Even Deja Vu- seeing as NE already had/has an operational boomerang when it was moved into that park. Either of these 3- but especially the first two- would have complimented what StL already has quite nicely. I don't mind standard Boomerang coasters (I know most do), but some of the moves Six Flags has made with this ride-rotation schtick makes it seem like they're drawing names out of a hat and not putting in much thought beyond that. I anxiously await the day that SFGAdv draws Scream and has it put up across the midway from Medusa so I can point and laugh. Or Batwing a short walk away from Superman: Ultimate Fluff.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Ilovthevu' on October 17th, 2012, 11:53 pm
I think giving Iron Wolf to any park is an insult. That's why it went to Six Flags America. They get barely anything on the ride side, and than they get... Iron Wolf. As for Deja Vu, I would imagine the reason it went to SFNE instead of SFStL is because they already have a regular boomerang, and they figure this stuff out ahead of time - of what is going where. So, if SFNE got a regular boomerang, that would be really, really bad with them having 2 regular boomerangs. To me, I would think it would be a better idea to just replace one of the many boomerangs with Deja Vu instead of having both of them - like SFNE has now. I kind of think that was the plan for SFGAm with Iron Wolf & Chang (even though those are NOT boomerang coasters). We were going to get Chang, and because we got Chang, than Iron Wolf was going to move somewhere else. So maybe this year or next year, that older regular boomerang is going to leave SFNE for something else.

Who knows what Six Flags is going to do? Some of their corporate decisions on new stuff / old stuff & where it goes is mind-boggling.
Ilovthevu'

Postby Muck Finnesota on October 31st, 2012, 5:03 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I think giving Iron Wolf to any park is an insult. That's why it went to Six Flags America. They get barely anything on the ride side, and than they get... Iron Wolf.

To the best of my knowledge, park expansions don't work like that.

Regardless, the ride seems to have been received well from what I've seen and read.

Ilovthevu' wrote:As for Deja Vu, I would imagine the reason it went to SFNE instead of SFStL is because they already have a regular boomerang, and they figure this stuff out ahead of time - of what is going where. So, if SFNE got a regular boomerang, that would be really, really bad with them having 2 regular boomerangs.

I think you misread or misunderstood my post.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Return to General Coaster Talk