Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Disney World Fastpass Changing Theory

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on February 15th, 2012, 1:11 am
On March 7th, Disney World has said that you can no longer use your Fastpass ticket after 15 minutes past the designated time. For instance, if you get a Fastpass for Space Mountain, and it says that you must be at the attraction from 12:35 - 1:35, you can't expect to be able to use your Fastpass if you arrive at 1:55 pm. They will say sorry.

Honestly, when I do visit Disney World this new rule doesn't bother me because I just go by what the time says on the thing. However, I guess a lot of people don't follow the guideline of what the ticket says. The reason why Disney World is supposedly doing this is because they want to make another type of Fastpass for people that stay on property in order for them to reserve times. With this, I can only assume that they are going to hand out less regular guests Fastpass tickets.

Now, my longtime theory that I think will eventually happen is that Disney World says who needs these Extra Magic Hours anymore, and to me this is really the big plan of it all. They are spending more money on employees, and operations, and thus the hotel perk is now during the regular hours. Why in the world should they even open it later or earlier to hotel guests if the Fastpasses are going to act as the same thing?

If this does happen though, to me it's going to make both parties kind of mad because the hotel people like less "regular guests" in the park at night or in the morning, and the "regular guests" are going to hate that they are going to wait much longer for each ride that has Fastpass.

So, what are your thoughts on this whole thing? I personally hate the idea, but about the time guidelines as I said, I don't care about that.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby UWW-10 on February 18th, 2012, 2:17 pm
I've read about this from different places now and the reactions are different across the board.

This is news :roll: ??? I think the typical family on vacation that uses the service sees the time frame printed on the ticket and comes back within that period. And there's still a 15 minute grace period which is more than generous. I've been at the deli counter at the grocery store that's had more people complain because they weren't paying attention and their number was passed so they had to grab another ticket and wait again. While it's not the exact same process....there are people out there on both who have probably used and abused the sytsem that it was time to crack down on it.

Who knows if it will scale back EMH or not. They could probably cut the program and only use it during the peak season.
UWW-10

Postby monsterfan99 on February 19th, 2012, 10:33 am
X-Pass is coming (cue scary music.)
monsterfan99

Postby CoasterZ on March 8th, 2012, 4:07 pm
I was at disney this past january and we loved the fastpass, we learned how to use it to our advantage. Although the park was not overly crowded, fastpass at Disney is insanely nice.

I do not see the big issue changing it. It gives you a time to be there so be there. You got the Fastpass so obey the times on it or do not get one.

Admin edit: please use correct grammar.
CoasterZ

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 24th, 2012, 11:54 pm
The Orlando Sentinel reports that they will be cutting back Extra Magic Hours by a hour in 2013, and I still think that X-Pass is the culprit. I think they are going to only let hotel guests use that, so they can eventually eliminate Extra Magic House completely.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby DeathbyDinn on July 25th, 2012, 12:36 am
I've heard they'll let you use your fast pass after the designated time if you say you got stuck on a ride or someone got sick.
DeathbyDinn

Postby GayCoasterGuy on July 25th, 2012, 6:52 pm
I think it's great Disney give this for free (or "included with admission.") But that's gotta be a pain to get back during the window. At the same time, I'm sure they need to do it. I'm wondering how it's working out?
facebook.com/GayCoasterGuy
GayCoasterGuy

Postby DeathbyDinn on July 25th, 2012, 9:47 pm
^ Honestly, it's not. I knew nothing about parks when my family went so we thought we always had to be back in the designated time, and we always were and it wasn't hard at all. I think really the only people who wouldn't go back at the specified time is the coaster and park dorks who knew you didn't have to make it back in time.
DeathbyDinn

Postby GayCoasterGuy on July 25th, 2012, 11:31 pm
^That makes some sense.

My concern would be that I was in another line somewhere when my expiration time came up. But I dunno, I've never used their system.
facebook.com/GayCoasterGuy
GayCoasterGuy

Postby monsterfan99 on July 27th, 2012, 5:45 pm
DeathbyDinn wrote:I've heard they'll let you use your fast pass after the designated time if you say you got stuck on a ride or someone got sick.

There is an hour window (depending on employee, excuse, ect.) for those situations. This also includes dinning reservations.

Overall, lines during the day for FP are up over last year and at night down. All that said, this is all for X-pass/(insert name) only.
monsterfan99

Postby DeathbyDinn on July 27th, 2012, 8:23 pm
GayCoasterGuy wrote:My concern would be that I was in another line somewhere when my expiration time came up. But I dunno, I've never used their system.

That very well could happen, but in my experience they were very good at keeping the posted ride wait times accurate so that helped a lot. I actually found things like crowded paths, slow moving crowds and parades to be the biggest problem in getting to a ride before our time ended.
DeathbyDinn

Return to General Coaster Talk