Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

TTD?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby coasterzak on June 9th, 2003, 4:23 pm
What is going on with Top Thrill Dragster. I can't find too much info, besides there is a problem with the hydraulics. And, there is a good picture of a beat up train. Anyone know a whole lot? http://www.kapitein.com/misc/damage.jpg
coasterzak

Postby CoasterDave316 on June 9th, 2003, 4:26 pm
That rides been having alot of problems lately, everything from tires flying off, to cable snappings and now hydraulic problems, and thats just the stuff we have heard about...who knows what else has happened. Bottom line if your planning on going to Cedar Point this year, don't make the trip just for Dragster...because as most coaster enthusiasts found out during CoasterMania it isn't very reliable.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on June 9th, 2003, 4:29 pm
Yes, and on top of what you said, I also heard that a hose snapped. Most people don't understand that they don't have every replacement part for the roller coaster in a little shed to use whenever something goes wrong.
coasterzak

Postby coasterguy on June 9th, 2003, 4:38 pm
Magic Mountain does! As we saw on that show. I bet all park do the same including cedar point.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby coastrcorey on June 9th, 2003, 4:45 pm
Yeah, Cedar Point did have spare cable for TTD with its cable incident. Also, at Coastermania they said they were waiting for a part to arrive from the airport, so who knows... Maybe we'll see it up and running again soon!
coastrcorey

Postby coasterguy on June 9th, 2003, 4:46 pm
Hopefully becuase I will be there in 11 days!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
coasterguy

Postby coastrcorey on June 9th, 2003, 5:20 pm
Ok... I just found out that there is a problem with a valve on the hydraulic system, if that helps at all. ;)
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on June 9th, 2003, 5:27 pm
Coasterguy, I can guarentee you that MM doesn't have EVERY single piece on the roller coasters that could ever break or have something go wrong with them. That is way too many parts.
coasterzak

Postby coasterguy on June 9th, 2003, 8:54 pm
I agree but I saw a whole hell of alot on that show!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
coasterguy

Postby coastrcorey on June 9th, 2003, 10:59 pm
Basically then, you would need a duplicate of every track section, support, and lug nut... :D
coastrcorey

Postby NegativeGeez on June 10th, 2003, 2:20 pm
its not exactly a prototype like X, but its a prototype for its physics...with it experiencing such high speends and high g's, a lot of the problems it is experiencing are just the kind of stuff you can account for in computer simulations...its trial and error type things...and dont forget, millenium force's cable snapped in its first few months too...and its been great ever since. once they get all the bugs worked out im sure itll run fine.
NegativeGeez

Return to General Coaster Talk