Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Favorite ride designer

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby goldmember on July 3rd, 2003, 10:58 am
Why aren't roller coasters allowed to be built in Switzerland??
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby SwissCoaster on July 3rd, 2003, 10:58 am
I know :D that Raging Bull is a B&M!
SwissCoaster

Postby coasterzak on July 3rd, 2003, 12:52 pm
What did you think of TTD?
coasterzak

Postby SwissCoaster on July 3rd, 2003, 1:23 pm
Why aren't roller coasters allowed to be built in Switzerland??It's a security thing. Ridiculous, isn't it?What did you think of TTD?AWESOME!! Nothing can beat this coaster!Did you ride it, too?
SwissCoaster

Postby whiteygabe1998 on July 3rd, 2003, 1:29 pm
my favrorite is vekoma than intamian and than b and m
whiteygabe1998

Postby Do I Know You on July 3rd, 2003, 1:34 pm
My favorite is B&M. Their coasters are just so smooth and well designed and most importantly, fun.
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby lightningserve16 on July 4th, 2003, 12:23 pm
B&M all the way. Every coaster I have been on that has been made by them, I have liked. Except for IRON WOLF!!!. I hate it!!!!
Its hard to come up with signatures. When I get one it will be right here.
lightningserve16

Postby NoUseForAName on July 4th, 2003, 12:29 pm
I wish i could say CCI too, but the only CCI Ive been on is Boss. That was one rough ride. Maybe PTC trains would help? Also I wish they wouldn't of gone out of business.
NoUseForAName

Postby T_Biggs on July 4th, 2003, 12:58 pm
From my experiences, CCI designed great rides. All 3 at Big Chief are great, on the same level as Viper (well, Pegasus isn't, but thats a junior coaster.) But, Villian at SFWoA, the layout rules, I'll admit that. The ride experience, bad, not as bad as Raging Wolf Bobs is there, though. But hearing how Indiana Beach CCIs are, and Holiday World CCIs, I'd be will to bet that all of their rides were top notch their opening years. It probably depends on how the park maintains it for how well it runs.So, SwissCoaster, you're telling me all Intamin rides are smoother than B&Ms? I don't think American Eagle is all that smooth. And Raging Bull is just as smooth as Millennium Force, and it's a year older. :roll:
T_Biggs

Postby coasterguy on July 6th, 2003, 5:12 pm
Intamin and B&M all the way. Vekoma is good but rides are not reliable.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby T_Biggs on July 6th, 2003, 5:48 pm
I'd hardly call Vekoma unreliable. From my experiences, they are about as reliable as Intamin. Of Intamin rides I've been around, V2 had problems, Wicked Twister had problems, and Dragster has problems. With Vekoma, X-Flight has problems, and Deja Vu has problems. The only truely reliable Intamin I have been on or around is American Eagle and Millennium Force. Vekoma, reliable rides I've been on or around are Spacely, Serial Thriller, and Woodstock.I don't know why people rip apart Vekoma so much. They only have built 7 very unreliable rides, out of how many? And of those 7, there are only 2 types, GIBs and Dutchmen. At least there are no problems with the structures. Xcelerator and Wicked Twister both needed additonal supports added. V2 used to break down all the time, and Wicked Twister broke down multiple times when I was at CP last month. Dragster has been down more than up (hopefully it will change,) and just a couple of years ago, Intamin's suposed fail-safe brakes failed on one of the Supermen. So, right there, Intamin has problems with Impulses, Rockets, and Megas. It seems the only truely reliable rides are B&Ms and Arrows, excluding X. It's not often that Shockwave or Demon would close, and maybe once or twice a year one of SFGAm's B&Ms is closed for more than 1 day, excluding Superman, it hasn't been there long enough to get a good impression on its reliablity.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterguy on July 6th, 2003, 5:50 pm
I forgot T_Biggs knows everything about roller coasters! Spacely's and Woodstock are kiddie ride that none cares about!!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
coasterguy

Postby T_Biggs on July 6th, 2003, 5:52 pm
If you want to think so, be my guest. Sadly, you will be mistaken. Only RCDB knows everything about all rollercoasters.
T_Biggs

Postby whiteygabe1998 on July 6th, 2003, 6:31 pm
sry tbiggs it was sarcassium. But u kno more than i do
whiteygabe1998

Postby NoUseForAName on July 6th, 2003, 6:55 pm
Reliablity isn't really the reason why people rip them apart. They are an average company who builds coasters that are boring and have low re-rideablity (besides Deja Vu).
NoUseForAName

Postby coasterzak on July 6th, 2003, 8:24 pm
Swisscoaster, I have not been on TTD, but I am planning on getting on it within the next week. I'm crossing my fingers on that one!
coasterzak

Postby coasterzak on July 6th, 2003, 8:28 pm
After you guys have been to SFWoA, you can rightfully judge a Vekoma. We are the Vekoma capital! X-Flight, Serial Thriller, and Mind Eraser, and plans for another one. I think very highly of Vekoma and if you ride the coaster, and don't let it ride you, it's a great ride. The SLC's are fantastic! I can't say enough about them. You get those tight inline twists. You can't find double inline twists back to back on any B&M coaster I can think of. Vekomas are really reliable actually. Serial Thriller is never down at SFWoA, X-Flight will break down here and there, but it's a machine, you'll have that, and as far as I've seen, Mind Eraser is flawless (a standard boomerang coaster). I have grown up on Vekomas and can proudly say they are great rides. I have to totally agree with you T_Biggs - they are the same as Intamin in the breakdown category.
coasterzak

Postby SwissCoaster on July 7th, 2003, 9:08 am
T_Biggs wrote:So, SwissCoaster, you're telling me all Intamin rides are smoother than B&Ms? I don't think American Eagle is all that smooth. And Raging Bull is just as smooth as Millennium Force, and it's a year older. :roll:
Are you comparing a wooden and a steel coaster and Raging Bull with Millennium Force?? Give me a break...
SwissCoaster

Postby coasterguy on July 7th, 2003, 9:16 am
I also agree that Millennium Force and Raging Bull are equal in smoothness.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
coasterguy

Postby coastrcorey on July 7th, 2003, 9:53 am
Yeah definately. The only thing I like better about Millenium Force is the seats. I think they're more comfortable than Bull. Don't get me wrong though, Bull's are also very comfortable, I just like how the seats don't engulf you on Millenium Force (they seem more open).
coastrcorey

Postby coasterguy on July 7th, 2003, 9:59 am
I have to disagree on that one though. There is alot more room on Raging Bull. Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force have the same seat except Top Thrill Dragsters are wider. Millennuim Force and TTD have no leg room. Raging Bull does. Also I don't like the hydrualic lap bars because they push them down as far a they go and they stay there unlike the click on where you you can't click it on more time you float off your seat. But I do agree with you that Raging Bulls seats engulf you while the Forces seats don't, it is more open which I like.Millennium Force is better than Raging Bull and Top Thrill Dragster is better than both!!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
coasterguy

Postby RagingBullDude13 on July 8th, 2003, 5:52 pm
To me, Raging Bull has more comfortable seats, and is smoother than Millennium Force. Millennium Force is a better ride, in my opinion, because of its height and speed. The first drop is absolutely amazing.
RagingBullDude13

Previous

Return to General Coaster Talk